All reviews lancaster canal glasson dock overlooking the canal signature room local produce fish pie evening meal top floor main course pudding sunday lunch real ale bar area lovely hotel beer garden food was lovely one night stay
Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed there during our family holiday last month and I cannot say enough good things about it! The staff were so friendly and welcoming, and nothing was too much trouble (even though we had a rather active and vocal toddler). We stayed in a family room which surpassed our expectations, and found it very clean and comfortable. The bed was possibly a bit too soft for our liking but that's personal taste. The meal selection, quality and service was excellent. The hotel itself is so peaceful and surrounded by beautiful countryside. We unfortunately left a few items behind and Laura has been so helpful in locating them and getting them posted to us. Would highly recommend, and would have no hesitation in booking again!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2018

We stayed one night for a wedding and thoroughly enjoyed it. Our room overlooking the canal was one of the quietest I have ever stayed in and tastefully decorated. We had a very tasty dinner of local produce and a hearty traditional breakfast. We found the staff courteous and they responded with resilience to the heavy demands made by the wedding.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2018

Just returned from a wedding weekend at the Mill. The hotel complex is ideal for such an event. Experienced and the staff managed the occasion expertly. Our room just a standard but spacious and comfortable. The food was excellent. We would certainly use the hitel if we ever have a family celebration. One minor thing, breakfast fried eggs nit the best, but hey a small thing.

Room Tip: Standard rooms are fine
Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 August 2018

First, I really appreciate waiting for us for the late check in but that doesn't mean providing us with a room full of spiders! When I saw the spiders everywhere in the room literally in every corner of the room I went down to the reception desk but it was too late as they already left the desk. However, the location was beautiful and peaceful and the staff were very helpful and friendly but unfortunately, the rooms were very dirty and definitely I will not come again.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

This place has the look along with a lovely location however the attitudes of the staff and the food lets it down. The chef is unable to cook a steak with two being returned and we did not re order to save further disappointment therfore going without food. The staff have awful attitudes towards anyone who dares to make a complaint. I had my food snatched right from underneath me whilst I was eating as the chef demanded the whole plate returned to replace my over cooked steak. Only to return later with a slab of raw meet and the rest of the food then cold. It’s was a dissapointing stay however I feel if the place was managed correctly and some staff attitudes rectified it would be lovely. Sadly for us the place looks the part and has a great location and rooms but the food and attitudes of some staff are completely unacceptable. The ladies who sat on reception to check us in are the only ones we can compliment given how accommodating they where when we first arrived.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family