“Lunch”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Always a pleasure to eat at the bicycle food is superb great wine list and great staff always feel welcome

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

A great many restaurants could learn a lot from the Bicycle with the welcoming atmosphere and hospitable staff.The food was very good and delicately spiced so it wont upset Granny. There is a wide choice of food to suit all tastes with a ever changing blackboard which has all the specials. It is a little off the beaten track, but well worth a visit .

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Where to start?

We hadn't booked and were driving around looking for somewhere different to eat.

Our host, at the Bicycle, greeted us like old friends; nothing was to much trouble. Attentive waiting staff, superb atmosphere, delightful food, good wine and a Gin menu to die for.

Well priced; we've eaten in other local restaurants at a similar price but no where near the same level of food or experience for your money.

Portion sizes are generous, well balanced flavour combinations and have I mentioned the service; it was AMAZING. I had Lamb chop; over an inch thick and cooked to perfection. Hubby had Battered Cod; the curried peas are scrumptious as are the hand cut chips. Excellent desert menu.

I joked with my husband that I had seen people arriving but no one seemed to want to leave, including us.

Will definitely be making this a regular for 'date night' with hubby. ❤

1  Thank Karen O
Reviewed 14 April 2018

After having a very pleasant lunch in the week, we decided to go back the following Friday night for a birthday celebration.
Although the atmosphere was good, it was very busy, and it took 25 minutes to be given our menus, a minor detail I know. However I was then told there was no childrens menu, so my 11 year old was given a smaller portion, but the price remained the same!. We had the table near the bar, and it was clean and laid out well, however once the obvious locals hovered by the bar, it became quite uncomfortably cramped, and noisy.These guys were tall, so therefore blocked a lot of the light that was coming from the bar, so we struggled to see our food. It wasnt the restaurants fault that these people were inconsiderate but it's these small details that make a difference to a family's night out, so I really hope that the owner reads these reviews. We spent a lot of money here, the staff were great, and it's a lovely place, but unfortunately as they don't cater for smaĺl people, we won't be regulars as a family for that reason. The food was cooked well, although some of the new potatoes were greenish, which was slightly worrying, but once again, we really struggled to see properly. Will be back, but as my daughter felt unwelcome it won't be for a while.

Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

We have been to the bicycle quite a few times previously for dinner without our children. We decided we wanted a roast so decided to try there with the family.

Although they didn't have a children's menu they said they could do a smaller portion of what was on the menu. I asked for a small roast dinner they couldn't do that so I asked if they could prepare a smaller cod and chips they couldn't. They didn't have sausages, they couldn't do the chicken it was prepped already. So I ordered the large cod and cut some off for him and ordered a side order of chips.

The red wine wasn't very nice either. Was quite a pricey meal and didn't feel like they wanted children in their establishment.

Such a shame as lovely service.