All reviews new zealand farm animals farm stay sausage silver peak unforgettable experience close to the airport english muffin room was large each morning next morning picturesque view lovely home rooms are comfortable lounge area thoroughly enjoyed our stay hearty breakfast
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

My partner and I came here for a weekend getaway. We don’t live too far but found this place advertised and thought it looked charming, quiet and a brilliant place to stay for a couple of nights. We were greeted very warmly, the suite was wonderful with a very comfortable bed and with the heater on, it heated the room up very quickly so we were very glad for that! There aren’t tea/coffee making facilities in the room, but you don’t need it as they have them in the guest living area, where they also have a bigger tv with Sky. The cooked breakfast with lamb sausages and poached eggs were amazing - and produced with the farms own lamb and eggs too which enhanced the experience. Outside they have a hot tub for guests to use, but this being winter, we thought against it, but I imagine that when it’s much warmer it would be delightful to enjoy it and the other outside farm experiences that the B&B have to offer. We loved it here and would recommend it to anyone - neither of us can understand how it’s got a few bad reviews, especially over things beyond the owners control! Chrissy and Gandhi, thank you for a wonderful stay and your excellent hospitality - you have a lovely B&B!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
SilverPeaksLodge, Owner at Silver Peaks Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Thank you, thank you for the glowing review! Wow, that is such a wonderful summary of our B&B. It really has made our day to get such positive feed back. Our guests experience means such a lot to us and we do appreciate getting feed back to help us improve your stay. We thoroughly enjoyed meeting you both and hopefully we will see you again before too long.
Regards Chrissie and Gandhi

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

A lovely home with lovely stuff in it and pristine. A friendly welcome and great views from the communal room and some bedrooms.
Finding it on the dark was not easy as coming South away from Dunedin google maps said the entrance was on the right not the left... I may need a better navigation system!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
SilverPeaksLodge, Owner at Silver Peaks Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Thank you for the great review. It was wonderful to meet you both.
I've checked google maps and we are in the right place on map so not sure what happened with your system.
Many thanks Chrissie

Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

Absolutely awesome! No wonder they have a trip advisor standard of excellence award. Chrissie is a wonderful host and I cannot say enough good things about the accommodation.... simply brilliant and recommended!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Wow that review is fantastic! Thank you so much and we are very pleased you enjoyed your stay so much.
Regards
Chrissie

Reviewed 7 May 2018

The owners were friendly, the view was outstanding, the bed comfortable and warm. Great shuttle service from the airport that goes right past it. Would recommend to anyone looking for somewhere to relax.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
SilverPeaksLodge, Owner at Silver Peaks Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

Great review thank you. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay.
Regards
Chrissie

Reviewed 5 May 2018

I stayed at the lodge March 4 2017, I stayed in the Taieri Gorge Suite. The proprietor was very accommodating and helpful when I called to confirm the reservation. I was staying for three days and she recommended getting a rental car. When I arrived I was shown to my room, I must at the view was spectacular! The town of Dunedin is only about 10 to 15 minutes away and a very nice drive. I was served a wonderful breakfast each day of farm fresh eggs over English muffins and lamb sausage. What a treat. There is also fresh made granola which was divine. There were not a lot of people staying when I was there so the lady in moved one of the couples staying at the lodge so that I had my own bathroom. The bathroom is shared but it worked out great. The grounds are very beautiful and the owners very nice and professional. I would highly recommend this to anyone not wanting to stay in the city and are looking for something beautiful to wake up to in the morning. .

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
SilverPeaksLodge, Owner at Silver Peaks Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2018

Oh my goodness what a fabulous review! Thank you very much.

Regards,