“Felt like our home.”
other travellers have booked this property
Little Bay Beach House, Westmoreland, Jamaica.
The Beach right in front of the house. Aerial view from the back looking at the Sea.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Little Bay Beach House, Westmoreland, Jamaica.
The Beach right in front of the house.
Aerial view from the back looking at the Sea.
Front view of beachhouse
Porch in the morning
Bedroom two singles
Bedroom one king
Bathroom uses rain water
Kitchen
Kitchen
Living room
Another shot of the living room.
Naseberry Fruit tree, coconut, banana, and lime tree at your disposal.
Ackee national fruit on property...get Annette to make you Ackee and Saltfish!
Outdoor Art studio
Looking West
Looking East
Just 1.2 KM from Jam West race track
View from the porch.
Lobster prepared by Annette
Everything you need to cook
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Daniel P
“Felt like our home.”
Reviewed 5 July 2018 for a stay in June 2018

Stayed 1 week with my 21 year old daughter and 18 year old son. Everything we needed was there. Plenty of bottled water, beach towels, spices. spacious and comfortable, expected mosquitos but were almost none. Large yard, we kicked soccer ball every day. Ceiling fans and floor fans. Annette is the best! Small supermarket a few minutes away in Little London, 15-20 minutes from Sav-La-Mar, 30-40 minutes from Negril. We rented a car at the airport. You can stay here and easily take many day trips. Lucea, beaches around Negril and west end cliffs, Sav-La-Mar, Bluefields beach, and the river near there. If you want anything in particular Annette and Courtney got you covered. Loved it.

terrysinc
Avon, Massachusetts
“Christmas 2017 in Jamaica's Little Bay”
Reviewed 1 January 2018 for a stay in December 2017

Annette is a major selling point to the beach house.She is honest, caring and a hard worker.
We went to Jamaica to relax. We read books and took in the sun and warmth. Being in 86 degree weather was most certainly better than the teens and single digit temperatures of Boston.

Once my ears grew accustomed to the constant nightly noises of barking dogs, loud music and loud voices, it became a more pleasant experience. If you are a light sleeper, bring ear plugs. You also need to be aware that dogs, goats & cows roam freely. Watch out for the poop. The property is surrounded by a fence, so it keeps the livestock out, but not the small dogs. (I happen to love dogs, so I didn't mind.) The gate also has a chain & lock.
Courtney, Annette's husband picked us up at the airport. He brought us to the market, and bought us some sugar cane (my 1st experience.) His son drove us back to the airport. He stopped & got us a coconut so we could try it & my friend wanted to try the meat pie. He is such a nice young man. He works 7 days a week, very unlike most of the young Jamaican men we saw.

The beach house had all the necessary amenities to allow us to cook our food, shower, and relax. Having cards, snorkel gear and books was nice. I would suggest a few reading lights and thicker lounge chair cushions. The beds were amazingly comfortable. The hot water heater works great & there was plenty of rain water. Having coffee & milk daily was also a real perk. Annette's breakfasts were always delicious filling, nourishing and plentiful. Nice that they were part of the rental fee.

The Wifi was great for most of our stay. I can't say I would come to Jamaica again. I had no desire to do the resort route, but being in this rural area also had its downside. We checked out the bat cave and the local mineral pool. That was cool. Bob Marley's old homestead is a peaceful site too.
I can tell that Annette's family is among the minority when it comes to doing hard work, educating their family and living an honest life. The value of the beach house is having Annette. I can not stress that enough.
We only had her cook one dinner for us. I only eat seafood & my travel friend rarely likes seafood, but likes meat. She started us with soup, we also had lobster, fish for me & Chicken jerk for my friend & Annette made several side dishes. We finished with dessert, a fruit cake usually served at Christmas in Jamaica. Not like the US fruit cake. When I 1st heard the price was $25 per person, I thought that was a lot. Well after realizing how far she needed to travel to get all that amazing food & fruit & the cost of food, it was not so bad. Her cooking is wonderful. Even on a budget, you should have her make you a dinner.

The beach is not great, you start to sink in the mud as you try to get in deeper water. It is also not as long as I like for morning walks. To snorkel you need to ask the neighboring homes that have better access.

The almost constant noise of motorbikes, barking dogs, loud music and very loud voices are not selling points. If you can get beyond that, which we eventually did, it can be enjoyable. We only had one young girl come up to the fence & ask for money or food.
There are several other properties you can stay at in Little Bay. They had some cool amenities, but also one had much more noise than we did & the other had a multitude of dogs (unfixed, pregnant)..

The sunsets are beautiful. We did attempt to mingle among the locals, many were friendly, but we kept to ourselves. We did not want our friendliness to be misconstrued as something else or that we were interested in having a Jamaican man. Unfortunately my single friend got a real earful (containing the size of his manhood & how long he can go), and it increased our desire to just be left alone.

I am grateful that I met Annette, her husband & step-son, had a warm vacation spot and was able to relax and read. As special ed teachers we try to relax and recharge during our vacation time. I felt I was able to do that.

This type of vacation is not for everyone, we felt safe within the area, but still locked the gate & door daily.
If you decide to rent a car- be careful-the roads are narrow, loaded with potholes, people & motorbikes.

Quest7235...
“Timeless!”
Reviewed 20 November 2017 for a stay in November 2017
person found this review helpful

Absolutely stay here if you want to get away from crowds and other tourists, as well as escape the all inclusive resort vacation! Annette's warmth, humour and gracious hospitality, along with her amazing breakfasts, really do make this place wonderful and restful. If you are anything like me - overworked, stressed out, and moving too fast - this is the spot to wind down. No complaints either that the internet was fickle (meant no sneaky checking up on work emails). My cousin and I stayed for 10 relaxing days, waiting for the cows and goats to wander by in the morning, going snorkelling (gear with the house) after breakfast, snoozing, sunning, taking trips to Negril to walk and swim 7 Mile beach (we rented a car), and stopping by the various beer joints to grab a cold one and chat with locals. Be sure to stop by Damion's bar a couple doors down from the beach house on the left - everyone knows you're there, believe me - and he's only playing the music loud so you stop by for a visit. He'll graciously turn it down if you ask nicely (respect). The house is clean and tidy, the shower hot if you want it that way, the kitchen fully stocked for cooking (check out the seaside market in Savannah la Mar), the beds super comfy (linens and towels provided), the yard around the house beautifully well kept, and the sea breezes refreshingly cooling. This was my cousin's 5th trip to Jamaica (my first), but the first time he felt he'd experienced 'real' Jamaica. So, if you want to do something different and get away from the 'all-inclusive wrist band experience,' definitely give this place consideration! I'll be going back (I cried when I said goodbye - Jamaica is in my heart). Thank you Little Bay, Witold, and Annette!

p.s. if you do rent a car, I recommend not trying to find the house in the dark! We kept Annette waiting a bit while Google Earth led us initially astray! If you're only there for a few days, however, you're likely better off getting Courtenay to drive you. Cheers and happy travels!

Management Response
20 Nov 2017
I'm so glad you caught the spirit Annette and I are trying to share! Thank you for your heart felt review.
rschul3
Chicago, Illinois
“Paradise”
Reviewed 29 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017
people found this review helpful

I can't wait to go back to the Little Bay Beach House on the Beach! It's a beautiful setting surrounded by wonderful local people. Annette takes such good care of her guests w/love, humor and amazing meals and attention. Courtney, her husband, took us wherever we wanted to go. Between the two, we were spoiled and hated to leave. Very relaxing and all the amenities of home. We will return soon.

Nathalie...
Yellowknife, Canada
“Exotic Beach House located in a warm small community”
Reviewed 1 March 2017 for a stay in December 2015
people found this review helpful

You are looking for a place where time seems to stop ? You are not a "all included" traveler ? You are looking for something different, you are looking for tranquility ? A spot, where you'll wake up by the sound of the sea and exotic birds ? That is the place where you must go !
The house is so perfect ! Full equipped, just in front the sea, with a large deck where you can take your Jamaican Coffee in the morning, take your dinner or just doing a nap in the afternoon.
Around you will find some snorkeling spots and other interesting activities and above all, don't hesitate to walk on the beach to the village, you will find friendly people.
The owner, Witold is an amazing host, he's never very far.
I'll visit again for sure !

Management Response
4 Mar 2017
Thanks Nathalie you were an amazing guest!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing