“a great adventure,”

Ballooning Canterbury - Hot Air Balloon Rides
Ranked #1 of 8 things to do in Darfield
More attraction details
Owner description: Escape to a world of peace and tranquillity. Hot Air Ballooning is a magical experience and a flight with Ballooning Canterbury offers panoramic views across the fertile Canterbury Plains to the Southern Alps. There is nothing quite so romantic and exciting as floating across an ever changing landscape. Come fly with us!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

An early morning start for us all, had a delay while storm moved through but a terrific flight, very quiet, great views of the Canterbury plains, patchwork fields, over the Selwyn River, lovely company, a great pilot with commentary on what we could see, a shame the sun was not out, but it was a lovely way to celebrate our 80th birthdays, finishing up with champagne when we landed. We would recommend this activity to our friends, and

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"sun rising"
"bucket list"
in 9 reviews
"an experience not to be missed"
"once in a lifetime"
"hot air balloon ride"
"balloon flight"
"south island"

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Really early morning start. Picked up on time from our hotel in a nice warm van. Due
to weather conditions we had a postponed start buty finally got away about an hour later. Loved helping set up the balloon, watching it inflate. Was a bit nervous at the start but what an amazing experience it was. Ours was a winter experience so recommend wrapping up well. The toes got very cold by the end of the trip. Big thank you to the pilot and crew, you did an awesome job keeping us entertained and organised at the same time.

1  Thank Snadzilla
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Amazing trip! Views fantastic, fu to be involved in setting up and putting away the ballon. Just a fantastic morning!!

Reviewed 14 August 2018

What an amazing experience. The team, Michael and Brita, were friendly professional and reassuring. I had no fear, which really surprised me and the feeling of being up in that balloon floating with the sunrise was incredible. I cannot explain how I felt. But being in the moment is definitely a must. another thing that came to mind for me was "Be still and know" and I knew it up there. God is good with his art work, Michael is good with his skill and knowledge of the area and how to make you feel at ease, and it was an experience I wish for everyone. Thank You Ballooning Canterbury.

See more reviews
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Highly recommended ballooning with these guys. Friendly experienced pilots and the views are to die for! We had a perfect day for it which really made the experience. If your afraid of heights like I am, do t worry coz the views will take your breath away and you’ll forget about your fears. Absolutely loved it and glad I could treat my Mum for her Birthday. Thanks Canterbury Ballooning

1  Thank Cara H