“Just amazing”

Ballooning Canterbury - Hot Air Balloon Rides
Ranked #1 of 8 things to do in Darfield
More attraction details
Owner description: Escape to a world of peace and tranquillity. Hot Air Ballooning is a magical experience and a flight with Ballooning Canterbury offers panoramic views across the fertile Canterbury Plains to the Southern Alps. There is nothing quite so romantic and exciting as floating across an ever changing landscape. Come fly with us!
Reviewed 22 August 2018

Amazing trip! Views fantastic, fu to be involved in setting up and putting away the ballon. Just a fantastic morning!!

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"michael"
in 94 reviews

Reviewed 14 August 2018

What an amazing experience. The team, Michael and Brita, were friendly professional and reassuring. I had no fear, which really surprised me and the feeling of being up in that balloon floating with the sunrise was incredible. I cannot explain how I felt. But being in the moment is definitely a must. another thing that came to mind for me was "Be still and know" and I knew it up there. God is good with his art work, Michael is good with his skill and knowledge of the area and how to make you feel at ease, and it was an experience I wish for everyone. Thank You Ballooning Canterbury.

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Highly recommended ballooning with these guys. Friendly experienced pilots and the views are to die for! We had a perfect day for it which really made the experience. If your afraid of heights like I am, do t worry coz the views will take your breath away and you’ll forget about your fears. Absolutely loved it and glad I could treat my Mum for her Birthday. Thanks Canterbury Ballooning

1  Thank Cara H
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

We had such a great experience doing the hot air ballloinng. We had picture perfect weather and felt very safe and confident with the crew Michael and Nick who were super hosts. Both were very knowledgeable of the area and the champagne and snack at the end was a lovely touch. Highly recommend.

See more reviews
Reviewed 29 June 2018

The morning is cold but the spirits are high and the whole experience from helping setting up the Balloon - the Ballooning experience through to the landing - Celebrating and the Pack up of the Balloon was an experience delivered to us first time floaters, with exceptional professionalism and we all felt safe during the entire performance of floating in the sky, with amazing beautiful sunrise and photo op views. Well informative info of the area we covered. Thank you Canterbury Ballooning team for the great Ballooning experience. Will be coming again with more people.