“Chilled meal at the sea front”

The Deck Restaurant & Bar
Price range: US$7 - US$37
Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

We visited The Deck on a spur of the moment last night. We usually go to the Lighthouse restaurant (restaurant on the ship nearby) but we’re really taken in by this place. A very relaxed chic restaurant right on the waterfront - you literally here the waves lapping away accompanied by reggae. Food was outstanding. Highly recommend the coconut shrimp, blackened snapper and callalou soup.
Service was professional and friendly. Price wise I would put it in the medium range. The snapper meal was EC$50 plus additional sides. Worth every cent though.
Most definitely will return.

Reviewed 7 May 2018

We visited this restaurant twice in two days. It was convenient to our rental in Egmont. The first time we had drinks. The service was slow and we felt we were just inconveniencing the staff even though there were maybe 10 other people having drinks in the late afternoon. We had to work to get their attention for another drink or the check. The second night we had drinks and dinner. The food was very good and priced well. We were served in a timely fashion, but there was not much friendly vibe coming from the staff. Answers to questions came with blank stares and no smiles. Location and ambiance great, just would be nice to have some staff that made you feel welcome.

Reviewed 18 April 2018

The food was definitely better than some reviewers posted and I’m a critic when it comes to eating out. We went to the restaurant based on reviews of the lodging. If I would’ve found the listing on Trip Advisor and saw it was 3 1/2 stars we wouldn’t have gone here. But as previously stated, the food was good and had flavor. Not overly salted at all.

The staff: This is what caused the low score. We are not your typical Americans that want there meal in 10-15 minutes or less. I prefer to have my meal freshly prepared and will wait however long it takes to recieve it. No issue there. Where I take issue is the fact that we stood at the hostess stand where we were seen by three different employees and not one came over. I walked over to the bartender who didn’t have a sole to attend to and he looked at me as if I were speaking a foreign language. I politely asked if we’re to be seated on our own or should we seat ourselves. No response from him. Once we were seated we weren’t provided any menus. Not to fret, I got them myself. The setting is beautiful, food is good, hospitality is subpar. Just a smile and a caring attitude is all I’m looking for. Not much to ask. From what I noticed after spending a week in Grenada is the locals aren’t fond of tourism, hate to work or they hate what they do.

1  Thank LivingTheDreamAs4
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed in Woburn but during our driving tour we choose to stop here for lunch. A delicious lunch, lovely cocktails and a beautiful view. Service was very good - attentive and courteous. Catch of the day was fresh and nicely prepared.

Reviewed 1 February 2018

We visited for lunch mid-week and were the only people dining. The service was shockingly slow. Getting a drink took about 30 minutes. The menu was limited and there was a long wait again with the salad being served long after the other meals.
Chicken was chewy. Everything was generally overpriced.
The setting was beautiful and peaceful but did not make up for the poor restaurant experience.
Disappointing.