“Avoid”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 11 June 2021

My husband & I have visited here before when we have travelled to Burscough on business and up to yesterday always had a pleasant meal. How different it was yesterday. I had fish & chips. A large fish which was to say the least quite unsatisfactory. The batter on the inside was "raw" I scraped most of it off and when the waitress came to ask if everything was ok I showed her the raw batter on the inside of a very 'crispy' outside...all she could say was she was very sorry. The fish was rather 'watery' No offer of a replacement and as we had to pay before the food arrived no refund was offered either so for them it was a WIN WIN WIN wasn't it !!! For pudding I had the cheesecake which was only just ok but for a charge of £7 should have been much better. My husband had the 3 "scoops" of ice cream priced £6 , the "scoops" were melon ball size and all 3 "scoops" would have sat on a dessert spoon quite easily!!! AN ABSOLUTE RIP OFF!!! But again we had paid before the puddings arrived so no come back for us. Hospitality will never ever be able to regain their losses due to this horrendous pandemic.. but to behave like this is a road to people avoiding their business and incurring further losses...Hospitality is a two way street Wafarer, treat your customers right and they will return, if you don't you will get negative feedback and very negative word of mouth which is the king pin of gaining/losing customers!!! WE WILL NEVER RETURN!

Date of visit: June 2021
Write a reviewReviews (664)

Reviewed 4 June 2021 via mobile

That staff were warm and friendly and the service wonderful personable and gracious. The female staff in particular seemed to enjoy their team, which is always a great sign. They also dealt well with an allergy request for us.

My daughter was pleased to have a vegan menu.

It felt a bit like a new team was getting up to speed together, and struggling through some teething issues. Main (and only) course was ready around an hour from ordering which made it a long evening, and we had some communication issues (for which I'm sure we share responsibility), meaning 3/4 meals had something minor different than expected. (e.g. fries not chips, requested removed mayo not removed etc). This is not long after they started serving again, and I'm sure will pick-up.

The food was mostly excellent, and the team kind and welcoming. We'll be back for drinks in the sun.

Date of visit: June 2021
Reviewed 27 May 2021 via mobile

We chose the wayfarer for our first meal out of 2021. The food was excellent and service polite and attentive. Very good covid system in place. I chose the Mac and cheese briquettes for starter and they were a taste sensation. My partner chose the wings and he said they were the best he had ever had! We both had the fish and chips and main and there was no issue when we asked for beans instead of peas. The fish was fresh and full of taste, batter crispy and chips yummy! The staff were attentive, we never waited for a new drink despite the place being busy. Will definitely be returning soon.

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 24 May 2021 via mobile

My husband and I chose the Wayfarer in Parbold as our first choice for a meal out since lockdown and we were certainly not disappointed. For my first course I had mackerel in a celerice sauce and market fish of the day which was cod beautifully cooked and still very moist in a lovely sauce, my husband chose pate and a steak and ale pie which he said was delicious. We finished our meal with coffee and petit fours. Excellent meal and very attentive staff.

Date of visit: May 2021
Reviewed 23 May 2021 via mobile

First meal after lockdown and it was a real treat! I had the Beef Tartar to start which was beautiful. The waitress recommended the Aubergine & courgette bastille for my main meal and it was light & tasty. Coffee and petit fours to finish. The whole meal was delicious and beautifully presented. The restaurant was very busy and the staff were extremely friendly. Service was excellent. We weren't rushed & would have expected to wait a bit longer due to them being so busy but didn't have to.

Date of visit: May 2021