Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews juan carlos yoga retreat spanish steps warm hospitality judy fuentes lucia meals week hiking asturias mountains comfort environment accommodations ingredients
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 October 2019

I stayed at Hotel Rural Fuentes de Lucia as co-leader of an 8 Day Yoga and Hiking Retreat. As such, our stay included breakfast and dinner as well as daily guided hikes. As mentioned in many other reviews, the accommodations were outstanding and the hotel offers spectacular mountain views. But honestly, the real gift of this peaceful paradise was the gracious hospitality of our hosts and guides Juan Carlos, Mario, and Camilo. We were thoughtfully cared for from our point of arrival to our point of departure. Our knowledgable and friendly guides (Mario and Camilo) led us on daily hikes through the beautiful mountains and valleys, filling our days with stories of Asturias. Each day, Juan Carlos prepared hearty and delicious meals to fill our soul. The hotel became our home away from home and I look forward to returning to this little piece of heaven again next year!!

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed 12 July 2019

I stayed at the hotel for a week as part of a hiking retreat and the views, the food, the guides, and the company were all wonderful. I got a huge blister hiking and stayed back at the hotel for the day one day and it was one of my favorite days of the trip. I can't wait to go back! I was there in July 2017, and walked the Camino with this company in 2018. They are the best.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 30 July 2018

I almost did not post this rave review about this incredible Hotel/B&B located in a unique part of Spain but I've taken pity on my fellow Northern American friends who must travel to Spain in the summer due to work and school obligations. Read on if you are not interested in enduring the heat, crowds and increasingly disgrutled locals in the cities of Spain and other European cities but would like to explore this special country!
This was my second 7 day stay (in 3 years) and once again an unforgettable holiday in a magical part of Spain in a very, very special place. Summer in many parts of Europe and North America is increasingly unbearable (and,as an American raised in the South, I KNOW hot and humid) but Asturias and especially the province of Quiros, where the hotel is located, is so temperate, cool and comfortable it is hard to believe I was visiting in July! The great outdoors, including national parks,UNESCO sites & bear/animal sanctuaries, is at your doorstep and your hosts are experts at introducing them to you. And when it comes to hospitality, delicous food,drink and amenities (free WiFi, spotless rooms)- you're in for a 5 Star experience at an incredibly reasonable price! Even more special are the people you will meet at the Hotel and in Asturias-I'm already planning my next trip!

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank AlwaysAnchoredL
Reviewed 11 July 2018

I was unprepared for the beauty of this hotel! The view is breathtaking, and the overall hotel is wonderful. Besides the bedroom, which was restful, I loved sitting in the large living room from which I could look out over the marvelous view.

The food was spectacular -- luscious meals that included fresh produce and herbs from their own gardens. Each meal was planned with thought and unique.

Judy and Juan Carlos were gracious and welcoming! Their team in the rooms and kitchen (Julia, her daughter, and Federica) were super capable and helpful.

Room tip: Front has view of mountains, but our view at the back was delightful as it was of picturesque houses and other vegetation.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 July 2018

Hotel Fuentes de Lucia is the ideal spot for a Hiking and Yoga Retreat. The trails are plentiful and beautiful. The views are spectacular. The location is peaceful and good for the soul. The facilities are top notch -- but it is the people that make this place so special. Juan Carlos and Judy are beautiful souls that will go to the ends of the earth to make your experience special. Dinners were AMAZING! Thank you to Fredericka for our dinner entertainment! I will be back ..... and I look forward to it.

Date of stay: June 2018