See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 January 2018

Friendly and helpful reception! Nice place! Not difficult to become a returning customer! I am longing for the next time - hopefully in summer when the Biergarten will be open...

Super service - all worth to stay either for business or with family.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Ecom M, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Hotel Deutsches Haus Mittweida, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2018

Thank you for your online review and your penny words.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our house soon.
Best regards
N. Kowalski

Reviewed 19 December 2017

There is a parking space behind the hotel. The breakfast is good wrt amount and variety. Rooms are comfortable. I stayed here 2 nights for a workshop I attended in July. The hotel is in the city center of Mittweida, as I was told. It is within walking distance from the Bahnhof Mittweida. The hotel is quite quiet.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Ecom M, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Hotel Deutsches Haus Mittweida, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2017

Thank you for your online rating and your nice words.
we would be pleased to welcome you back soon
Best regards
N. Kowalski

Reviewed 24 August 2017

What a beautiful hotel! It's so comfortable, sweet and the amenities are great. Beware, there is no elevator, so if you stay on the top floor (4th), you'll spend a lot of time and energy on those stairs! The breakfast is terrific: coffee made to order, muesli, Nutella, croissants, brotchen, meats and cheeses. Absolutely delicious! The staff is fantastic! Also, the hotel bier garden and restaurant are amazing.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2016

My friend and I stayed at this hotel while visiting Colditz Castle. It’s situated about half an hour’s drive away from the castle, but it seemed to be the best choice when we booked because of its location in a reasonable size town. We prefer to be based in a town so that we have a choice of restaurants and bars foe the evenings and are not restricted to one venue. This proved to be good thing as we found out when we arrived.
We had planned to arrive at around 5.00 pm but because we had got caught up in traffic in Berlin we didn’t get to the hotel until 7.00 pm. By this time we were travel weary, haven driven down from Peenemunde in the north east in the morning. The hotel looked very welcoming with its traditional frontage, and a very welcoming restaurant sign. Upon arrival we were greeted by the receptionist who spoke very little English, but this wasn’t a problem, and she directed us to the car park at the rear of the hotel and then waited there to guide us back into reception when we had parked up.
Once she had given us our keys, I smiled and asked where the bar was so that we could get a cold beer after many hours on the road. We were a little dismayed when she seemed to imply that they didn’t have a bar, which was a bit odd. So I then asked about their restaurant and was even more dismayed to be told that both the bar and restaurant are shut on a Thursday! And this is despite a sign out the front advertising their restaurant. My friend and I were just stunned that a hotel which was open seven days a week decided that it wouldn’t open its restaurant on a Thursday. Maybe they only have one chef but that shouldn’t be the problem of the guests and we were very disappointed by this.
The situation could also have been a lot worse. Outside and across the road a few metres away, there was a very nice Italian pizza restaurant with good selection of food, where we managed to get a decent meal and spend the rest of the night drinking beer and wine. However..........this seemed to be the only place open in town and as a result it was very popular throughout the night. All I would say is that if it had been raining instead of brilliant sunshine (and it did rain a lot while we were in Germany), then we would have had a problem. The larger part of the restaurant’s dining area was outside and only half was covered by umbrellas. Therefore, if it had been raining half the dining area would have been unusable and the remaining outside and inside areas would have been full, so we would have either had to queue for a table or go without eating.
Putting that issue aside, the hotel itself was fine, if a little dated. The exterior looked lovely and almost like a chocolate box picture. There was also a very nice beer garden (without beer on a Thursday of course!) at the rear of the hotel. The inside of the hotel was showing its age a little, not because of the way it was decorated, but because of the era in which it was built. However, our single rooms for the night were both clean and well appointed, with comfortable beds. We were based at the front of the hotel overlooking the main street, and I slept with my window open, but there wasn’t much street noise and from midnight until about six in the morning there was very little noise or activity. Incidentally, the hotels has several storeys but there isn’t a lift that we could see, so travellers with disabilities or who have trouble with stairs should be aware of this.
The restaurant area where we had breakfast was really lovely and traditionally ornate with its dark woodwork. My friend said he thought it looked in need of modernising and redecorating, but I disagree because this was the look I have seen in traditional hotels and bars in Germany and I really liked it.
Breakfast was good, usual cold fare but with some hot bacon and eggs as well. We really would have liked to have eaten there in the evening but it wasn’t to be.
Overall not a bad hotel and a good location for Coldtiz Castle, but don’t book for a Thursday night unless you are on a diet!!!

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2014

The hotel is clean. The beer is good and cheap. The breakfast is of a good standard. The staff are helpful. What more could you want....

The restaurant is shut on a Thursday.

There is not a lot going on in Mittweida. On the way we stopped at a truck stop (we were on mcycles) for a break. The lady serving asked where we were going and when told Mittweida she looked surprised and asked why. I now know why. A pleasant enough town. Just a little dull.

Date of stay: August 2014