Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
Mountain bike salento

Great experience! We did the “easy tour” but still very exiting for people who aren’t that... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Nadine C
Ursem, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
via mobile
Amazing experience!

A must do when you visit Salento, with amazing views up top! Great tour, with great guys! Thanks... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Tim V
via mobile

All reviews juan pablo downhill mountain biking extreme tour a lot of fun single track protective gear adrenaline rush disc brakes intermediate level rocky road an absolute blast super friendly fun activity recommend this trip de agua biking experience easy trail
Reviewed 29 March 2018

Well organised and led by Nicolas, on down hill bikes, first from 3,500m on firetrack to farm at La Carbonera. Fantastic views. Then choose the extreme downhill route back 10k or so, first hour or so in woods, rooty and slippy, then singletrack, probably more degraded than the videos they show you, which I suspect are the easy path. Rocky bits are short and if needs walkable.
All in all, our best day i n Salento, with more palms and vistas seen than when we walked the Cocora valley, tho the circular walk was shut, we think because of mist.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

The mountain bike tour was really one of the most adventurous activities we did in Salento. Super nice view of the palm trees, challenging roads, several fresh snacks and lots of fun. Although we weren't experienced in downhill, we were very well guided through the forrest! Highly recommendable!

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

The extreme trail was a lot of fun. Very steep and ruted out with a few jumps on the side. Would recommend to anyone who loves to bike

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

Staying for a few days in Salento I called in at Hostal Estrella de Agua to ask about their Mountain bike toursI could see immediately that they had good quality 26” full suspension bikes and after they showed me a nice video of the trails they told me there was a space on a group leaving the next morning and I Immediately signed up. I decided to go for the extreme downhill option as this route went through a pine forest which sounded great and I didn’t want to miss Although I ride enduro and normally avoid downhill I have been riding for a few years and thought I would be okay with experienced guide. The next morning at 8:30 AM we were on the truck and on the way up to the top of the ride on the fire road that took us into the clouds at over 3000 m with the 1150 meter descent to look forward to. There were four in the group, two who are new to mountain biking and opted for the easy ride, one had ridden before and opted for the intermediate and just me for the extreme downhill option so we had two guides. Regardless Of level we all got full face helmets, goggles and good quality full suspension mountain bikes with decent tires and good Shimano disc brakes. Knee pads were available for those who wanted them (I brought my own). We all started to gather with a nice fire road ride down to a spectacular look out over the Bosque des Palmes in the Cocora Valley - with hundreds of 200 foot tall wax palms it’s an unforgettable sight. We continued on down the fire road to a nice farmhouse where we watched hummingbirds flying in to feed while we enjoyed a nice cup of Colombian coffee. Then back on the truck and up to the top again and then we split into our different level group with different guides. My guide Alejo explained what I should expect on the trail ahead - technical trails with switchbacks, roots, rocks, and drops - but reassuringly there would be well marked “ chicken runs“ for the big stuff! After another short fire road ride we turned into the pine forest and started with a decent sized drop-off to single track which Alejo demonstrated and made look easy so I decided to have a go. I was so happy to land it I missed the next flat turn and slithered off - I only got a bit mud on my shorts but I couldn’t stop laughing! The rest of the trail was challenging at times lots of rocks roots and drops and switchbacks as he promised but only a few short uphills and a lot of fun. Alex always pointed out the tricky sections and made sure I didn’t get too far out of my comfort zone. After another short break for water and a delicious Colombian granadilla we rode the final section and in no time we were back at the bottom. Then a short tarmac ride which allowed Alejo to show me he could ride forever on his back wheel - including around corners! Soon I was back on the truck to town, which then only took a few minutes. Both Alejo and Nicolas were great guides, amazing riders, always helpful, considerate and super- friendly - as were all the staff. A great tour with a great team, highly recommended!

Date of experience: February 2018
1  Thank rdgneely
Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

Went out with alejo and had a very good time. He was patient and cared about out safety.
Amazing views and quality bikes.

Date of experience: January 2018