Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews thought of everything oak lodge fantastic hosts camp fire little touches board games pizza oven steak special a great stay sarah hammocks tent luxuries baking gadgets
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 June 2021 via mobile

We got a last minute cancellation for A Little Bit Of Rough. We stayed in the Ash tent. When we arrived the owners had the wood burning stove lit and a welcome basket waiting for us. The tent itself is lovely, with 2 bedrooms, a separate double bed in a hut like structure in the main living area, a bathroom with a lovely bath, an outside toilet (clean and fully working), and hot and cold running water. The beds were very comfortable. The main thing about the Ash tent is the view, it really is idyllic, we felt a million miles away from humanity and the coronavirus pandemic. It was peaceful and beautiful. I loved sitting on the veranda watching the squirrels, rabbits, ducks and many different birds in close vicinity to the tent. The 20 acres of woodland give plenty of chance for walks and catching glimpses of more wildlife. Yes this is camping but it's a whole new level of camping!! The owners were delightful and couldn't have been more welcoming or helpful. If you want peace, quiet and nature I cannot recommend A Little Bit Of Rough enough. We will be back.

Date of stay: June 2021
Reviewed 4 May 2021

If you're anything like me you'll have read all the Trip advisor reviews, looked at the pictures and then wondered "Is that one negative review someone telling the truth or a bit of a loon" - let me put your mind at rest, definitely the latter!

This place is absolutely fantastic. I have just returned from a wonderfully relaxing weekend despite some really cold weather in the night.

Sarah and Nick should really be commended for what they have created. There must have been a temptation to squeeze another lodge in there (and I reckon there would have been room for another two) but everything feels to private and so restful.

I'm not sure that there is much I can add to all of the reviews that have gone before. The lodge was spotlessly clean on arrival and the stove and hot tub had already been lit making it lovely and warm from the moment you walked through the door.

We did have three very cold nights but it is surprising what a difference the stoke makes once you get it going in the morning.

We didn't leave the site the whole weekend other than for takeaways or shopping (I did say it was very relaxing!). My boys loved the onsite activities, very strange, but also rewarding, to see the WiFi generation engrossed with pond dipping, rope toss and bean bag throwing - but they loved it.

We did the make your own Pizza's and woodland walk on the Saturday with some time in the hot tub in between, before just sitting on the deck under the lights having a drink and playing some quiet background music.

We do love family movie nights so we did cheat with a bit of technology and brought along a battery powered projector to have a movie night.

Sunday was family laser tag in woods - which my youngest took far too seriously - but it was great to see them both running around outside rather than just sat at a computer desk. We bought they guns with us - fairly cheap £30 a pair on Amazon - they weren't provided but it was a good activity to do and so much space you can make sure you aren't disturbing others running around near the other lodges.

Both the boys want to go back, but with limited weekend availability it will probably be 2022 before we can, but we definitely shall.

Nick and Sarah were pretty inconspicuous and unobtrusive in checking chlorine levels etc every morning, but very responsive to any queries at all.

There really aren't any negatives I can think of. If I had to there were quite a few flies - but you are out in nature so there's really not much you can do about that. There was some bug spray available but I didn't want to spray that around food prep area's. I'll probably take a USB powered zapper next time - but I really am nitpicking there - it wasn't a big deal.

Ultimately, I wanted a relaxing break after 8 months of being on repeat every weekend and I got it. The setting is amazing and when I got out of the car on arriving home I was quite surprised with the traffic noise having heard nothing but birds, geese and sheep for three days.

If you're contemplating booking it - don't - just get on with booking.

Date of stay: May 2021
Reviewed 21 April 2021 via mobile

We were very fortunate to be able to travel on 12th April and what a blessing it was to be able to stay in a little piece of paradise with lovely spring sunshine and stunning clear nights for stargazing.

Perfect from start to finish. We stayed in Oak Lodge which had beautufully thought out decoration and literally everything you could need provided. (We had packed our usual things like kitchen scales, ikea toddler plates, decent baking trays. No need its all there) And super comfy beds that were lovely to climb into. Definitely No first night aches and pains at ALBOR!

We made great use of the hot tub, pizza oven and hammocks. Surroundings were beautiful and well thought out for families. We could let the little ones have some freedom supervised from afar and the games built into the landscape were brilliant. We felt like the only people on earth even though the other lodges were occupied

We literally can't fault a single thing. It was just heaven with lovely hosts who I hope are very proud of what they have created.
We will definitely be back. Im sure glamping anywhere else would just be a disappointment

Date of stay: April 2021
Reviewed 16 September 2020

This was a fantastic hideaway. It does it a dis-service to call it a tent. Sarah and Tim were fantastic hosts. Anything we might have wanted to know was in a brilliant app and all of the little touches in the tent made it feel very special. They have approached the COVID-19 really well, it felt safe but also subtle changes. They made understandable changes for the current situation so don't read anything into the 'no' board games etc. If its something you enjoy then take your own. Sarah and Tim are being brilliant though challenging times.

Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed 15 September 2020 via mobile

This was a birthday treat for my husband and I must admit I was a little concerned that this ‘wouldn’t be his thing’
Well I can honestly say, I have won wife of the year award because he sad it was the time ever!!
Hence we have booked for next year.
Sarah has thought of everything to make your stay special and easy. They have really thought of everything.
There is lots of space inside and it’s all so comfortable with a sense of grandeur,
It’s so quiet there to (apart from the dawn chorus in the morning).
I also learnt how to use a hammock almost gracefully :)
You will not regret booking to stay here, your only regret is that you didn’t make the choice sooner

Date of stay: September 2020