“Great family day out with 9 and 12 year old”
Review of BluFan

BluFan
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Sarroch
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

We almost didn’t go to blufan because of some bad reviews on here but I’m very glad we ignored them! We have been to many water parks in Europe and USA and blufan is a fun medium sized park that is very well run. If you’re a family of adrenaline junkies then you might find it a bit dull but for us, with kids age 12 and 9 it was great.
We realised beforehand that the minimum unaccompanied age for the flumes was 10 so we just said she was 10 and we were only asked her age once. If you have a younger child they CAN go on the flumes you just need to go to the kiosk next to the lockers and get a ‘waiver bracelet’ that basically means you’ve given your kid permission to ride. You may need to queue for the rides with them.
I’m baffled as to why a previous review said the place is ‘very run down’. It is not. It’s like any other water park. It’s clean, tidy, well-maintained and safety is paramount. A very professional set-up.
The scariest ride is the roller-coaster. There are size and age limits on this, with good reason - if you are too heavy or light it would be dangerous. Weight 50-90 kilos, age 16-50. There are a set of scales at the top to check, don’t be offended if they ask you to use them. The guy at the top was brilliant, explained it all to us and it was a major thrill - a crazy drop! What a buzz!
The pool has entertainment. Brilliant Zumba classes which my daughter loved.
Best of all was the foam party! On twice a day at 12 and 4:20, our kids LOVED it, foam everywhere! Hilarious!
Can’t comment on the food as it is always overpriced junk food in these places so we always bring our own.
69 Euro’s for the 4 of us. Not cheap but worth it.

Date of experience: August 2018
"foam"
"euro"
"guy"

Reviewed 7 August 2018

After visits to other water parks in Europe, we went with high hopes, but due to the inherent mis-management of the park, I was pretty disappointed. My family enjoyed it though!

Pros
- Good location for Pula and Chia
- Lockers are €3
- Plenty of free sunbeds
- Constant entertainment in the pool and a staged area which also had foam sessions. All in Italian, all very weird but good fun.

Cons
- Booked tickets online, then still had to queue to get paper tickets
- The park opened at 10, we arrived at 10.15, but couldn't get in until 10.30 - without any explanation as to why!
- My 6 yo and 9 yo could only actually go in the two pools and zero rides due to the over-zealous rules about safety (even the gentle 2 person raft rides in 2 feet of water were 10 years minimum). Only when we tried to get on the rides did a kind supervisor explain that you could sign parental consent form to get wristbands then they could do the rides (another trek back to the lockers to get this done - even though my kids were right there when we hired the lockers!)
- Lunch is strange. They only served it from one place and only from 1pm. We had to wait whilst staff were served first and then they were late serving as there was a private party. Inevitably it was then luke warm. Bring your own picnic would be a better bet.
- The big white roller coaster ride is only open to over 18s, which is a bit weird for a water park clearly aimed at children. I thought I'd have a go as there was no queue and not many people using it. I grabbed a rubber ring from a supervisor at the bottom, trudged up the steps, listened to a safety demonstration in Italian, before being told in English that I was too big to go on the ride (I am 14.5 st / 92 Kgs)! My unsuitability for the ride was assessed by the guy at the top who wasn't exactly in peak condition himself. I then had to make the walk of shame down to explain to my confused family. Why don't they make it clear there's a weight limit, why didn't the first supervisor stop me and why even have a ride that so few people could or would use? It was largely unused for the whole day we were there.

Pretty good day out as long as you're aware of these issues before you go.

1  Thank gannonsimon
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

After reading the reviews I was not sure about visiting BluFan. However, my youngest daughter had her mind set on it and we decided to go. We bought a family pass for myself and my three daughters ages 8 to 22 years old. Parking is free and that’s a good start. There are many rides for ages 10 and over but my 8 year old still managed to have fun on the three slides she was allowed on. My older daughters tried everything and were satisfied. Although there could be more slides, we were still able to fill our time. The children’s area and the wave pool are the real attractions for this park and I noticed many, many young children enjoying themselves in the considerably large children’s area. There is ample seating available as well as umbrellas - more than I have seen elsewhere (keeping in mind it is still July) you can also bring your own coolers and food. overall I found the park clean and I am extremely judgemental in this area. Although, the bathrooms are not traditional toilets, they are cleaner and easier to use with a bathing suit on. They were also quite clean for a water park facility and there are lots throughout the park. The staff is well trained and safety is paramount. The people who provide live entertainment at the pool work very hard. Lastly when you leave, the showers were great! Shoutout to the woman who worked at the lockers - very nice and helpful. All in all not so bad for what we paid.

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Went here as it was near our Hotel. 69 euros for a family pass and most rides turned out to be a minimum of 10 yrs or upwards. No idea why as they were very old, slow and all badly maintained. Wave machine was broken. We ended up leaving after a very overpriced lunch having had to wait for the staff to be fed first. Needs investment, one to avoid.

1  Thank IanAOL