“A bad day that got better”
Review of BluFan

BluFan
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Sarroch
Reviewed 7 August 2018

After visits to other water parks in Europe, we went with high hopes, but due to the inherent mis-management of the park, I was pretty disappointed. My family enjoyed it though!

Pros
- Good location for Pula and Chia
- Lockers are €3
- Plenty of free sunbeds
- Constant entertainment in the pool and a staged area which also had foam sessions. All in Italian, all very weird but good fun.

Cons
- Booked tickets online, then still had to queue to get paper tickets
- The park opened at 10, we arrived at 10.15, but couldn't get in until 10.30 - without any explanation as to why!
- My 6 yo and 9 yo could only actually go in the two pools and zero rides due to the over-zealous rules about safety (even the gentle 2 person raft rides in 2 feet of water were 10 years minimum). Only when we tried to get on the rides did a kind supervisor explain that you could sign parental consent form to get wristbands then they could do the rides (another trek back to the lockers to get this done - even though my kids were right there when we hired the lockers!)
- Lunch is strange. They only served it from one place and only from 1pm. We had to wait whilst staff were served first and then they were late serving as there was a private party. Inevitably it was then luke warm. Bring your own picnic would be a better bet.
- The big white roller coaster ride is only open to over 18s, which is a bit weird for a water park clearly aimed at children. I thought I'd have a go as there was no queue and not many people using it. I grabbed a rubber ring from a supervisor at the bottom, trudged up the steps, listened to a safety demonstration in Italian, before being told in English that I was too big to go on the ride (I am 14.5 st / 92 Kgs)! My unsuitability for the ride was assessed by the guy at the top who wasn't exactly in peak condition himself. I then had to make the walk of shame down to explain to my confused family. Why don't they make it clear there's a weight limit, why didn't the first supervisor stop me and why even have a ride that so few people could or would use? It was largely unused for the whole day we were there.

Pretty good day out as long as you're aware of these issues before you go.

1  Thank gannonsimon
"foam"
"euro"
"guy"

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

After reading the reviews I was not sure about visiting BluFan. However, my youngest daughter had her mind set on it and we decided to go. We bought a family pass for myself and my three daughters ages 8 to 22 years old. Parking is free and that’s a good start. There are many rides for ages 10 and over but my 8 year old still managed to have fun on the three slides she was allowed on. My older daughters tried everything and were satisfied. Although there could be more slides, we were still able to fill our time. The children’s area and the wave pool are the real attractions for this park and I noticed many, many young children enjoying themselves in the considerably large children’s area. There is ample seating available as well as umbrellas - more than I have seen elsewhere (keeping in mind it is still July) you can also bring your own coolers and food. overall I found the park clean and I am extremely judgemental in this area. Although, the bathrooms are not traditional toilets, they are cleaner and easier to use with a bathing suit on. They were also quite clean for a water park facility and there are lots throughout the park. The staff is well trained and safety is paramount. The people who provide live entertainment at the pool work very hard. Lastly when you leave, the showers were great! Shoutout to the woman who worked at the lockers - very nice and helpful. All in all not so bad for what we paid.

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Went here as it was near our Hotel. 69 euros for a family pass and most rides turned out to be a minimum of 10 yrs or upwards. No idea why as they were very old, slow and all badly maintained. Wave machine was broken. We ended up leaving after a very overpriced lunch having had to wait for the staff to be fed first. Needs investment, one to avoid.

1  Thank IanAOL
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

We decided to spend our child's 4-th birthday there and it was an excellent day full of fun. The kids pool is great and with many attractions

Date of experience: July 2017
1  Thank SMel23
See more reviews
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We went to Blufan waterpark with our boys aged 10 and 12 when we stayed at Chia in July 2014. We had passed it on the way to our hotel from the airport and I had commented to my son that it was sad to see a waterpark derelict and closed down! To our horror this was the closest waterpark to our hotel in the South of Sardinia.We went by bus and arrived at 10.30 - it was not at all busy so the boys got on the rides really fast. The food there was dreadful and we couldn't get a coffee until 3 pm (!!??) They over charged us for the boys but I couldn't be bothered to argue. The toilets are the squatting type - no, really! It was like stepping back in time - far back to the 1950s - it really was dreadful in comparison to water parks we have been to elsewhere in the World. The safety was not great and I was glad my boys were old enough to realise potential dangers and avoid them. One of the slides left blue paint on the boys trunks and backs. My 10 year old got a nasty ear infection from here and couldn't swim for the last week of the holiday :( If you do decide to go (!) and go by local bus as we did - be aware that the buses back to say, Chia, are only at 1pm and then at 6.05pm - we were forced to stay lol! The bus was half an hour late but we did make it back to the hotel eventually. Don't recommend this place. In fact stay on another Island all together!

Date of experience: July 2014