“Average ”

Xenios Dias
Ranked #12 of 14 Restaurants in Agii Apostoli
Price range: US$12 - US$35
Cuisines: Greek
Description: The God of hospitality. Mythology says that the god of hospitality was born in Crete. The Cretan people strongly believed in tradition and demonstrated their faith by sacrificing and being sacrificed at the alter of hospitality.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I popped in for a meal on the way back to our apartment.
We had a Greek salad and a pork souvlaki .
The salad ok but nothing special, the olives were not the best quality and the green peppers were very bitter.
The pork was tasty but some pieces were a little to pink and under cooked.
We wouldn’t go again as there are so many other places to try

Reviewed 10 October 2017

We had been past this restaurant a few times looking around the area up from the beach. There are different restaurants and hotels in this area and so one evening we decided to eat here. We had grilled octopus to share which was lovely, my wife ordered the chicken souvlaki and I ordered lamb chops. My wife said that the chicken was dry- a bit over cooked? My four lamb chops were ok but nothing special. Would say that the main waiter was definitely characterful and although the place was busy we did not wait long for food. Not sure what the complimentary desert was but we decided to give it a miss although we did also receive a very nice small liquor drink and a complimentary small shot glass to take home to celebrate the restuarants 30 yrs in business. Maybe it had been an off night but we felt that there was no atmosphere and they must be the brightest lights inside a restaurant we have ever been in! Have read other reviews so could have been an off night. I think other restaurants would have been better on the night. P S there is a ticket stand for the local train choo choo just across the road.

1  Thank CHARLES H
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

If you like well cooked Greek food, then you must visit Xenios Dias in Agia Apostoli.
They have a lovely staff who will guide you to the perfect meal.
You have a beautiful view to the beach and the park.
I came back day after day. (The menu is very big and variated)

Reviewed 26 September 2017

Eat here 3 times, I liked the way the waiter greeted you in Greek (as you are in Greece!) He interacted with customers with greek charm explaining what the food was etc. We had beef stifado, the meat was tender & tasty although thought roasted potatoes & rice would've been better than chips, which we asked for on 2nd visit & got. Even though it is a busy restaurant our food wait wasn't long. A good choice of food available

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

This is a Great restaurant with lovely food. Swordfish was fantastic. And the waiter was friendly and Very serviceminded