“Very average ”

Hurricane’s Grill
Ranked #13 of 74 Restaurants in Hillarys
Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

My partner and I had heard great things about this place so decided so have lunch there today, firstly the price of the drinks was a shocker. The food price wasn’t too bad but could be better valued.
I ordered the pulled pork burger with a baked potato, the pork was very fatty and chewy so I had to dispose of half the burger. I also had some mac & cheese as a side but it was so bland I had to season it myself.
My partner ordered the beef and mushroom burger which was a lot better but not fantastic.
The service wasn’t particularly great, we could hear the staff around the corner messing around with each other and not checking on the customers.
We will not be eating here again.

1  Thank Amy B

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

We decided to visit Hillarys boat harbour and what were they decided to have something to eat. We ordered lamb and beef ribs with sweet potato chips.

Needless to say the food was delicious and we will definitely be back.

Reviewed 16 September 2018

To start off, there was a lack of ambience/concept to this restaurant. Plain as day. From menu, to table set up..for a grill house you’d expect napkins and/or hand wipes. Not one serviettee. My partner ordered a rare steak and received it well done. The food is lack lustre, even the chips were plain and unseasoned. For the prices they charge I felt very ripped off and wished I had instead headed to the adjacent grill restaurant at Hilarys. Service was just ok. Will not be returning nor recommending.

1  Thank Virgodess
Reviewed 1 September 2018

As previous visits Hurricanes remains one of my favorite places at Hillary's. The ribs are the specialty and this time i had a full beef rack which was very good indeed, we visited again for a business meal and i had the signature rib steak which did not disappoint. Recommended!

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

If you put the word Grill in your name one would expect that you would know how to cook a steak!! I ordered the Sirloin med rare with chips and paid extra for mushroom sauce, the steak was so well done that my knife bounced off it, the small handful of chips were less then average and cold and the small ramekin that held approx 30 ml of a cream type substance that definitely had no mushrooms in it whatsoever. My Husband ordered the Rump steak med rare and complained to me that even his fancy steak knife was having trouble cutting through his it and chewing it was a workout! He also paid extra and ordered pepper sauce and got the exact same creamy substance as me that had zero pepper of any description in it!! As we were with friends who chose the restaurant we did not complain, how ever we won't go back and definitely would not recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting a steak!!!!