“Chilled spot for a vino ”
Review of Portside

Portside
Ranked #4 of 74 Restaurants in Hillarys
Price range: US$6 - US$36
Description: Portside is Hillary's newest eatery with great food for sharing & grazing with friends or relaxing with some drinks. Try our our Wednesday night ribs special or dine Thursday night for our $12 steak night (with any drink purchased). Live music on the weekends.
Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

My friends and I love catching up at Portside for a cheeky wine and chat. We love the live music offered and friendly staff

Reviewed 13 September 2018

Daughter wanted to celebrate her birthday with family at the Portside as is one of her favourite restaurants. Can see why after our visit. Had the Vege Nacho Bowl - yum and just the right size. They have these unbelievable share boards and watching them going out to patrons wondered how many were actually sharing - they are massive. Great place to go for groups as everyone can order their own drinks and meals at the bar - saves on bill splitting at the end!. Can imagine this place packed out during summer.

Reviewed 6 September 2018

Came in for lunch today (Thursday) while shopping nearby.

This is a mixed review:

Food = 4
Service = 2

Overall = Average

Here's why:

Arrived at opening time - midday - one customer before me at the eftpos counter. I was at the cash counter with the staff member aware that I was there. After serving that customer, the bar staff went to take an order from people behind the earlier customer.

The other people advised the staff member that I was before them...a nice gesture.

My order was the lunch steak special (med to well done) with pepper sauce ($14) plus a large soft drink ($7)...my order was placed at 12.05pm. The drink came out a few minutes afterwards.

By 12.30pm other customers who ordered meals after me recieved their dishes - mine was missing in action!

At that point I went to the eftpos counter to enquire about my meal - the same staff member checked the other terminal - it appeared that the order wasn't progressed through to the kitchen.

The staff member and a manager apologised sincerly and advised that the meal would be given priority. The meal arrived at 12.45pm.

Received more apologies at that time - I think it was a genuine service hiccup although I'm not sure if they would have picked up the missed order without a follow-up.

The steak was cooked just right - the serve generous - not bad at all.

I might come back again although I will order at the eftpos terminal.

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Dinner with friends at Portside Hillarys. The. Ribs were to die for. Would highly recommend they have specials throughout the week. We have been on a Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday.

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Very popular busy place. We went as a family for our first visit after seeing their facebook offer. The pork sharing plate with a cider tasting paddle was excellent. It comprises, pork ribs, chips, macaroni cheese with bacon, pork sliders and pork belly. The ribs were falling off the bone and the sticky sauce was really tasty. I enjoyed all the food.We had 4 different ciders in the tasting paddle - all good. My son had a Works burger, with a side of Calamari and was very happy with his choice. Despite the restaurant being really busy we didn't have to wait long. Service was quick and efficient. I will go again.