“Curry that doesn't disappoint”
Review of Curry Village

Curry Village
Ranked #10 of 51 Restaurants in Porirua
Reviewed 1 December 2016 via mobile

We have been regular customers at this restaurant since it first opened. We keep coming back for the delicious curry and cosy atmosphere. We have eaten here for lunch and dinner and the food quality is always good. We also have take out on occasion and again the curry is always good. The sagwalla is a family favourite and between us we have covered almost the entire menu. We have never once had a bad dish. Be careful though if you have a shared platter between two people as an appetiser because it may leave you too full to enjoy your mains! Definitely our favourite Indian restaurant in Porirua.

There are newer reviews for Curry Village

Reviewed 20 October 2016 via mobile

We went here after a while and found food was good.

They need to improve their customer service by having a friendly front office person/serving guy - perhaps basic smiling class would help

Reviewed 11 October 2016

We just got takeout the other night. Was reminded how good the curries are from this place. Good variety and large servings. Not the cheapest around but good quality. Always too much rice!

Reviewed 29 August 2016 via mobile

Awesome Chicken tikka masala. The interior is pretty dated so not somewhere I'd take someone on business. Great food though - always reliable

Reviewed 1 August 2016

This used to be my favorite curry place to frequent and although I haven't been here for some time I thought on a chilly night I would go get some comfort food.
Curry Village must have changed owners in the past year. I went to pick up my takeaway order and was met with a very cold reception from the lady on the counter. There was no smile or hello, just a what you want. There was no thank you or any other words spoken when I paid.
I had ordered a chicken madras and lamb biryani. The chicken madras had 6 little cubes of chicken just plonked in (not even cooked in the tandoor) the gravey was tasty though. The rice in the biryani was soggy and the yogurt sauce that they gave us to add to the biryani was sickeningly sweet.
It was quite a disappointing meal and we definitely will not be going back again as there are other Indian places in Porirua that would surely serve better quality meals with better service for the same price if not cheaper.
Sorry Curry Village but you need to up your game