“Charming Cafe in Aotea”
Review of Charlies Cafe

Charlies Cafe
Ranked #22 of 51 Restaurants in Porirua
Reviewed 18 August 2016

This is a great wee cafe in the middle of Aotea. I often stop in for a coffee and some breakfast. I'll also often stop by when riding my horse and grab a takeaway coffee. They hear us coming on our horses and have our coffee half done by the time we get in there! Staff are always friendly, food has always been good.

There are newer reviews for Charlies Cafe

Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

Bit disappointed our local cafe which we have supported since opening has barely changed its menu in nearly three years. Same boring menu, same boring cabinet food. Coffee is always boiling and slightly burnt. Cmon guys if you are going to bill the customer Wellington cafe rates up the game!

4  Thank JimmyJam100
Reviewed 6 July 2016

We ordered the vege stack but were advised some 15 minutes after placing our order that they were out of haloumi .... one of the main attractions to the stack! The meal was well presented and they did give us an extra mushroom but the haloumi was definitely missed!

Reviewed 8 June 2016 via mobile

Visited for lunch, ordering was completed quickly but then it took 30 minutes for the drinks (smoothies) to arrive and then another 10 minutes for the meals. One was just warm as it had been sitting on the pass, the salad consisted of mesclun leaves and red onion. The other meal was fine. Having a captured market in the Aotea area was pretty disappointing at $49 for a steak sandwich, pulled pork chiabatta and two smoothies.

Reviewed 21 April 2016

When I visited I had the chicken satay burger with chips and it was amazing. When it arrived I thought I would be able to finish it all, but it was so filling. Generous portion sizes and good flavours. The staff are very friendly and passionate about their jobs. Will pop in again for sure.