“Good Chinese food”

TopTaste Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 51 Restaurants in Porirua
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Not a fan overall of Chinese food but this restaurant does a good job of food quality and service which is undeniable. We don't go often but when we do it's usually quite good.

There are newer reviews for TopTaste Restaurant

Reviewed 12 June 2017

While the atmosphere is generally nice, it belies the seemingly under-whelming taste of the food that was to come. Some were spot on, like the lemon chicken, but others were just bland as.
The Chicken and Sweet corn soup needed a load of salt but otherwise it was very bland, the dim-sum were ok with some of them being more cooked than the others, and was charged originally for something that never came, but that was sorted in quick order.
It probably won't overly prevent me from going there in the future but I've had more flavourful dishes from Noodle Canteen.

1  Thank Wiremu B
Reviewed 4 June 2017

Three of us dined there last night. The steak hot pot had meat that was basically raw; the lamb satay had meat that was tough and barely digestible; both plates had very little meat (about 4-5 small pieces) and the rest of the dish was 80% uncooked onion. The third meal they got completely wrong - brought a seafood dish instead of a vegetarian - though it took us a while to work it out as the food was largely unrecognisable. Disaster from start to finish - won't be going there again.

Reviewed 18 May 2017

This is one of the best chinese restaurants around the Porirua area by far!, The food is excellent and the staff are attenttive and very obliging.. The dining area is very pleasant and the restaurant is always very clean and tidy. I read an earlier review where someone complained about the price of the stuffed chicken wings at $12.00 they are very large, delicious and cut into 3 pieces each and are reasonable sized entrees for two. There is alot of preparation that goes into chinese cooking and I for one do not paying extra for something so delicious!

Reviewed 14 April 2017

A farewell dinner was held for a group of employees and the business owners that had sold the business, The evening was a great success and Top Taste was everything we expected and wanted, they were very accommodating for our large group, the service and food was fantastic, I wish I had visited here before now, I am not a fan of Asian foods and cooking and had always thought this was a restaurant that had more of a stirfry menu, My bad!!! I was so wrapped up in eating my meal I forgot to take a photo, I will be back again and I recommend Top Taste as a place for an enjoyable dinner.