“Time to stop”

Ranked #3 of 53 Restaurants in Porirua
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 19 June 2017

Having driven past here for many years my wife and I stopped on Saturday just after midday for lunch. Very popular, the car park around the back was almost full, there was a queue at the counter and only one table free - for the time we were there it was non-stop people arriving, eating and later leaving.
We ordered food out of the cabinet, a chicken filo and a gourmet sausage roll along with coffees to accompany. The food was a bit dry, had presumably been in the cabinet for a while. Would love to visit again and try something off the extensive menu, the meals I saw being carried to tables looked very nice - will need to confirm taste.
Overall we enjoyed our visit, glad we finally stopped and then enjoyed a visit to the general store that shared the car park and bought some bird seed for our bird feeders at home.

Reviewed 3 June 2017

This place can only be compared with Fawlty Towers. A rude owner who thinks he is doing you a favour by overseeing the delivery of ordinary food and tasteless hot chocolate. I observed him having a go at some lady who hadn't parked where he wanted her to park. Disappointing experience overall.

Reviewed 28 May 2017

We arrived right at the lunchtime rush and although we had a little wait to place our order, as the queue was out the door, it gave each of us a chance to use the facilities after our journey.
The cabinet food was beautifully presented and looked fresh and appetising- difficult to make a choice. The board menu was extensive and various.
My partner ordered a BLAT and coffee and I ordered a chicken salad sandwich and coffee. He loved the BLAT and the chicken sandwich was huge and packed with fillings. All in a lovely grain bread. Coffees were small but really good.
The young lady at the counter was quick and efficient while maintaining a lovely calm manner and she didn't make you feel rushed even though she was flat out.
Even though they were so busy our meal arrived in a very timely manner, we were expecting to have to wait some time but not the case. The waiter was very pleasant and appeared unhurried under pressure.
Overall we were really impressed and can see why it was so popular.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

This is my favourite cafe to go to. They make amazing coffee and their date scones are to die for. All their food is presented well and the staff are very friendly. You always know a good cafe by how full it is this one always has people in it and heaps of people stop to get take away coffee and food

Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

Like the food here. Lots of choices hot and cold, menu and cabinet.
On my way home I stopped in for afternoon coffee.
The woman at the counter asked what I wanted. I told her. She reached in the cabinet for the cheesecake. Then she got out the yoghurt, put it on the counter and stepped back into the kitchen to give staff in there a telling off! Left me standing.
One of the staff came out looking mortified. Asked me what I wanted, saw the yoghurt and went to open the lid, then took off back into the kitchen.
Luckily for me, the coffee guy had witnessed this and finished up my order and took my payment.
Fortunately, due to the time of day they weren't busy, because this would normally put customers off .
I was not in a hurry and found it quite amusing. This was a perfect example of what not to do in customer service!
Oh and the black and white cheesecake was superb and the coffee excellent.