“High quality food”

Ranked #1 of 53 Restaurants in Porirua
Price range: US$10 - US$26
Cuisines: European, Polish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Topor specializes in the finest of Polish cuisine as well as presenting a unique infusion of modern Eastern European dishes. Fully Licensed-Topor also offers a full range of specialty vodkas and the finest beers from Europe. Welcome to New Zealands only Polish restaurant and fondly known by locals as “That Polish Place” Relax and enjoy a fantastic experience-Eastern European style! NA ZDROWIE!!
Reviewed 12 August 2017

The food here is always dependable. Certainly the best restaurant in the general area, and whilst not up to Logan Brown standards, also not up there in price either. Entrees in the late teens, mains $30-38, and deserts similar to entrees. The wine list was very fairly priced, and the beers very interesting indeed. We had pierogi for entree, and this was rather nice, the bacon being a nice touch. I found this went very well with the dark Russian porter I had with it. The mains we had were the venison and the duck. Both were delicious; I though the prefer my duck slightly more underdone, but my friend thought it was perfect. The venison was beautifully cooked, tender and moist. The accompaniments were spot on. I particularly liked the cabbage with my wife's venison, and the mash. Deserts were uniformly good. I loved my panna cotta, particularly with the fruit sauce in the bottom, and I loved the freshly baked pear and almond tart my friend had, and my wife found the mazurek delicious. I did not quite care for the poppy seed cake, but my other friend thought it was great. They obviously care about their food, and the service and pace of the meal were very good. We went on a Friday, and it was rather busy, so think about booking. Given that the prices are above routine going out prices, the fact that the place was pretty packed is a good sign for the quality. Very good for GF as my wife is. Also vegitarians. We have been before several times, and will definitely go again.

1  Thank Rodney D

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

Always good and dependable. They take care that every meal has quality and is visually a delight.
They never fail to impress.

1  Thank kiwibear
Reviewed 2 July 2017

Topor... "The Polish Place"... claims to be the only Polish restaurant in New Zealand...and it may well be... and Plimmerton beach is certainly not over-blessed with dining options... But these are not the only reasons to go there. A cosy, old-fashioned atmosphere with great food and the service... what more could we ask for on a cold June night! Rebecca's warm welcome and nothing-is-too-much-trouble service was a good sign of what followed...Hearty, plentiful and very delicious beef goulash with gnocchi then an excellent plate of cheeses all washed down with a good Red saw us head back to our digs at Moana Lodge replete and very, very well satisfied.

1  Thank epicure49
Reviewed 17 June 2017

We came here for a belated birthday dinner as we are heading off to Poland in a few months and wanted to start the taste experience.
We didnt have room for 3 courses so just had a main.
Partner had an amazing Polish sausage dish with a base of sauerkraut, beans and other tasty vegetables topped with blueberries and I had cabbage leaves stuffed with a rice filling with chilli sauce and sour cream. Fantastic taste experience. Am very keen to try the remaining menu as I am vegetarian and mostly gluten-free and there seemed to be a lot of options

1  Thank SadeWellington
Reviewed 6 June 2017

A great dining experience in coastal Plimmerton. Not cheap eats, but for the quality it is good value.
You also get to try unusual combinations and dishes not normally on Kiwi menus. A good wine list and a great vodka list!

1  Thank rexh123