“Seriously good air conditioning.”
Review of Olive Tree Cafe

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Olive Tree Cafe
Reviewed 14 February 2017

On a windy, 34 degree day, a friend and I decided to try the Olive Tree for lunch. A great decision. There was a wide choice of appealing food at good prices. The highlight was the superb air conditioning. It coped admirably with the unpleasant heat. The service was top rate. We were reluctant to leave this oasis.

Reviewed 27 January 2017

Having returned from Te Mata Peak and found a parking spot we headed towards a cafe I had spotted whilst looking to park. As it was approaching midday we decided on a coffee and a bite to eat. My wife had a piece of Carrot cake and I plumped for pie. Both were delivered in short order. The pie my wife had picked turned out to be a beef & mushroom which was delightful, my wife's cake had been warmed through with a dollop of cream which she enjoyed immensely.

Reviewed 5 January 2017

Very crowded as it was Public Holiday over New Year but the coffee was OK and George and I shared a savoury muffin which we enjoyed. Would we go back - maybe.

Reviewed 1 January 2017 via mobile

On New Year's Day not many places are open, so we were pleased to see olive tree was open and busy. After queuing at the counter, (which still had plenty of food) by the time we made it to the front we were abuptly told the kitchen had closed. No offer to even heat up counter food- and it was only 2pm.

Reviewed 31 October 2016

Popped in for a quick lunch. Staff friendly, coffee not bad, zero atmosphere.

I had the chicken and bacon salad - fresh, but 4 little slices of unseasoned cold (poached?) chicken and the measliest little rasher of bacon I have ever seen with mesclun, red onion, grated parmesan, pumpkin seeds and non-descript vinaigrette. Hubby had the avocado on toast with bacon. One very small piece of toast (like Vogels) with a few slices of avo, a couple of slices of tomato and one of their signature measly rashers of bacon. For $14!!

Food is fresh and well presented, but much better food, value and surrounding elsewhere in Havelock. Won't go there again. Disappointed and unsatisfied.