“Never again”

Cuisines: Fast food
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 20 January 2020

We are from Wellington and our first stop on the way to Napier was always Jacksons Bakery Havelock North. But since it has changed hands the service and bakery food range is now terrible. We have visited several times since the new owners took over but it is getting worse ever visit. We will never visit again you might as well close the doors as you as new owners have ruined a once very good business. Unfortunately you do not know how to run a business.

Date of visit: January 2020
4  Thank Bevan F
JacksonsArtisanFoods, Owner at Jackson's Artisan Foods, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2020

Hi Bevan,

The food range and recipes are still the same. We have changed our cabinets as the old ones weren't working. This means that we restock our new cabinets from the fridges throughout the day. Our sandwiches are now made fresh every day and we put more meat in our pies. All of our pies, sandwiches, bread and sweet products are sent to Nourished for Nil at the end of the day. Are you able to clarify what was not good?

Thanks,
Rob
rob@jacksonsartisanfoods.co.nz

Reviewed 23 December 2019 via mobile

I wanted an ice cream extravaganza as listed on the ice cream menu. It was lunchtime and the bakery was very busy. Waiting by the ice cream counter for 5 minutes and none of the staff came to serve me. So I went to the counter where people were being served, where I asked for an ice cream. The young girl came to the ice cream counter to help me, but when I asked for the extravaganza she wasn’t sure what that involved. She went to the back of the shop and came back a few minutes later to confirm what I wanted. She looked in the fridge a couple of times and then disappeared to the back of the shop a second time. Finally she came back to the counter to confirm a second time what I wanted and then said we don’t do that any more. The rest of my group had their drinks by this stage and I was not waiting any longer. By this time it would have been 15 minutes since I first arrived.

Date of visit: December 2019
JacksonsArtisanFoods, Owner at Jackson's Artisan Foods, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2020

Hi Murray.

We sincerely apologise for the bad experience you had at Jackson’s.

We were very busy as you mentioned and the staff member serving you had just started working for us that week so was uncertain about how to make the item you requested.

If we can put this right for you please email us at rob@jacksonsartisanfoods.co.nz

We look forward to hearing from you and helping you.

Best regards,
Rob

Reviewed 23 December 2019 via mobile

Love this place! I used to go all the time when I lived in Havelock 10 years ago. Was happy to see they were as good as I remembered when I took the kids this summer.

Highly recommend the mince and cheese pies.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed 2 December 2019 via mobile

Met friends here for lunch, good variety of bakery items, very fresh and tasty. Popular and friendly service.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed 12 November 2019

We tend to pop into this cafe on a Sunday afternoon for afternoon tea and it's appreciated that a good selection of cake/savories are always on offer. The food is fresh and the service is efficient, just the place to relax after a busy week.

Date of visit: November 2019