1,541 results
All reviews mega room wow suite victoria square glass wall room service rain shower bachelor party mini bar amazing hotel hotel bar old port valet parking few blocks wunderbar concierge lobby hip
Reviewed 27 October 2015

You pretty much get what you would expect from a W here. Modern looking rooms although in this case they have a glass wall from the shower which is similar to the showers at the Hotel Le Germain in Montreal. The breakfast at the W restaurant in the lobby is good and on Thursday's the bar is hopping. Not the fanciest hotel in town but does what it is supposed to and I will stay here again.

Room Tip: get a room away from the bar level if you want a quiet stay
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
MtlWInsider, Manager at W Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2015

Dear sj1234567,
Thank you for writing a review about your stay.
I am glad that you enjoyed your W experience .
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 26 October 2015

I wanted to surprise my husband with a weekend in Montreal for our 10 year anniversary to see his favourite hockey team play. When looking for a hotel the W kept coming up as highly rated. This was an understatement! We arrived kind of late Friday night to find we had been given an amazing upgrade. In our suite was champagne, chocolate covered strawberries and a lovely letter from Pauline welcoming us. We spent the weekend exploring old Montreal and going to the Habs/Leafs game. The recommendations from the front desk were amazing, they were always available with advice and pointers for places to go in the city. It was a bit of a bummer that the restaurant was closed, but we definitely enjoyed the Lounge and its great bar staff. What a great weekend. We hope to be back soon and will be telling everyone what a wonderful place W is to stay.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter as there is a club on the first floor.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Stacey R,
I am glad that you enjoyed your 10 year anniversary at the W Montreal through the service of our W Talents. Rest assured that I will share your good comments with them.
At the W Montreal, we always try to magnify a W experience by offering upgrade if possible.
We look forward to see you soon.

Reviewed 25 October 2015

Here are the highlights of the week long stay:
- Made me wait 3 hours to check-in, room wasn't ready until 5pm and rude staff kept telling me 15 more minutes. Finally lost it and manager comped me a night.
- Ordering breakfast room service required 4 phone calls and 3 visits to get a simple order right (forgot the toast, forgot the butter etc.) Did not bother eating again at the hotel, outdated menu does not offer healthy choices.
- Requested extra water every day. The following day did get extra water, every following day had to make repeated phone calls and wait up to 30 minutes since this is clearly very complicated to remember. Some days no water at all.
- Asked bellboy for directions to a store 800 meters away, he didn't know where it was and sent me in the wrong direction, lots of fun in freezing Montreal rainy weather.
- Made me wait 15 minutes to checkout of the hotel while the bellboy put my bags in a taxi with the meter running.

Overall the property is looking old and dated with better bars in the area, do yourself a favor and stay anywhere else but here.

Starwood should really look into this hotel for the damage they're doing to the W brand.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
MtlWInsider, Manager at W Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2015

Dear 8aroundtheworld,
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay with us.
I am sorry to read your stay was not as you've had hope.
I remain available should you wish to discuss further.
Feel free to contact me at wmontreal@whotels.com.
Your W Montreal Manager

Reviewed 24 October 2015

I am giving the rating 4 out of 5 because I think they execute on what the brand is supposed to be like but the style is not my personal preference. The lobby was vampire-like, you didn't know what time of day it was. The room (must have been the larger kind) had a lot of mirrors and hard surfaces. Large bathroom was great and well laid out but the curtain closure is odd. Room service was prompt and responsive to all requests. Coffee served at 6AM - I think hotels should have coffee round the clock! Good pillows on the bed. C$40 for pasta?

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
MtlWInsider, Manager at W Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2015

Dear Bootlegga,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on your experience at W Montreal. Each W hotel mixes cutting-edge design with local influences to create a place to work hard by day and to mix and mingle in high-energy spaces by night. Our lobby, music and design are part of the atmosphere.
Furthermore, W Montreal is committed to actively participate in the continuous improvement and protection of the environment for our guests, colleagues and community.
We look forward to see you soon!
Your W Montreal Manager

Reviewed 24 October 2015 via mobile

My wife and I due to some time constraint decided to explore our city of Montreal as tourists.

Part of that, we chose the W as our hotel for the weekend.

Lovely and modern rooms. With all the amenities you would expect from this hotel.

Room service was delicious and available all night!

We did not go to the bar nor the restaurant here.

The beds are super comfortable and would love to know where they got them from.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Sami M,
Thank you for writing a review about your stay
I am glad that you enjoyed your W experience through our renovated rooms and our in-room dining.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!