“Anything we asked was answered promptly and...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
The AMAZING view
building
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Italian first
Any
rangerpip...
Drumheller, Canada
“Anything we asked was answered promptly and accommodated. Love the location”
Reviewed 20 July 2018 for a stay in July 2018

We loved our little apartment. First time doing that and we were glad we did. Price was good. Location to areas we needed to be in were perfect. It was so handy to all we wanted to do.
On arrival we had concerns on the sofa bed (very comfortable as a couch but not as a bed) Our concerns were immediately taken care of. Sammi came over with a cot and was very helpful with directions for finding grocery and restaurants and even escorted us walking to a good restaurant to get a late meal. Anything we asked when we called on Paige was answered promptly and accommodated.
We felt some things in the apartment could use more loving care such as the pots were very overused, scratched Teflon etc. We did not use for cooking for this reason and I feel better pots would be nice. Dishes and supplies were otherwise good. It was nice to have washer and dryer in the unit. I would stay here again and will recommend to anyone wondering where to stay in Montreal.

Marion L
Lynn, Massachusetts
“Great location, not great place”
Reviewed 10 December 2017 for a stay in October 2017
person found this review helpful

The location in the Vieux Port area near Notre Dame is great. Having an apartment rather than a hotel room is great. However, we did have some issues.
A bit confusing as to getting key and parking. Parking is additional and needed to be arranged for in advance. Met with owners assistant to get parking pass while my husband had to stay in the car. The garage had a sour smell in it and I think was shared by the hotel next door, which was a bit confusing as to which elevator to take. The coffee maker I requested still had old coffee grinds in it even though the assistant brought it down to the apartment for us to use. She never checked it. There no washcloths and after calling the assistant, we only got 2 for 4 days! There were a few towels but not many. The bed was extremely uncomfortable. EXTREMELY. We both sunk into the middle of the bed. Both of us had bad time sleeping especially after walking around Montreal for several days and then not having a comfortable night sleep.Actually, all the furniture was uncomfortable, the lumpy sectional sofa, the chair, etc. TV was a bit weird to figure out. It did have a decent kitchen and washer dryer in unit which was nice. Unfortunately, I broke the coffee carafe and called to mention that I did break it. Never heard back from the assistant. However, a large portion of the deposit was kept to cover the cost of a glass carafe that shouldn't have been over $10 to replace. I did contact the owner to discuss this as well as the issues we had at the apartment. The owner was very ice, was unaware the bed wasn't "fixed" as she was told previously there were issues which she thought were corrected. She felt badly about the grinds and lack of towels. She offered me a discount for the next time I stay there. I had difficulty with refund because I do not use Paypal and it was a bit challenging, but I did manage to be reimbursed. Not certain if the other apartments here are in better shape, but I would think twice before booking here again.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
28 Feb 2018
Hi Marion,

thank-you for the time you've taken to leave a review. I do apologize for the poor experience you had. There were definitely some communication issues which you dealt with and I have terminated the people who were helping me during the time of your stay. I am now meeting my guests and doing my best to communicate personally and am no longer relying on the live-in concierge which I thought would go much better than it did.

I made a very poor hiring decision and I apologize that your stay was affected.

The moment I realized there was an issue with the bed, I had it fixed. The support beam down the middle was broken which must have happened immediately prior to your stay. It was the first I had learned of it being uncomfortable.

The moment I was aware you were asked to pay for the carafe, I refunded you $200 for all of the trouble you experienced.

We never touched your deposit, as it requires a claim to be opened with TripAdvisor. I assure you that you that not only was your deposit NOT touched, but I also refunded you $200 on topr of your stay and offered an additional discount for your next stay.

This is important for me to know that you understand that your deposit was not taken. It is not easy to get deposit money, the money sent to you was not your deposit, but a refund for your trouble.

Again, I understand that there were issues during your stay, I have done my best to correct them, including terminating the on-site concierge help.

Thank-you again,

Sincerely

Paige
Casalin
Sydney, Australia
“Excellent location and nice condo let down by details”
Reviewed 6 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

The location close to transport and old Montreal could not be bettered. The apartment is small, but adequate for two people and is well furnished. We had been dealing with Paige's assistant who left suddenly just before our arrival so last minute communications could have been better. The claimed luxury image was let down by details and we have written separately to Paige about these. For example, there were only 3 teaspoons and all of different type. The airconditioning struggled to bring the temperature down below 75F during warmish, but not very hot weather.

Marc A
“Great location, with a lot of minor problems”
Reviewed 24 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017
person found this review helpful

Location was great for old Montreal. Bathroom was fine. Bed was comfortable. Rest of furniture was unusable: couch was useless and cheap, layout of room was uncomfortable and basically unusable, the window was unsafe if you have small children. TV was far too complicated to use. The explanatory booklet was not applicable to the apartment. We slept in the place, had coffee, we barely used the refrigerator, very good washer and dryer. Overall it was a minimal place. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, except for location. The room appears to be part of a high rise hotel that is now used for short term rentals. In the final analysis, it's an average hotel room in an average hotel.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
30 Jun 2017
Thank-you for your review, I apologize that you had such a difficult stay. Had you mentioned any of these things to us during your stay, we would have been more than happy to help you better adjust to the unit. I'm surprised you found the couch cheap and unusable, It is less than a year old and from a very well reputed Montreal design store, Mobilia... It most certainly was not cheap as cheap things do not work with vacation rentals. I have a concierge on site who would have been happy to help you use the TV, she lives just down the hall from your unit, again, we had no idea you were having these issues. I don't know how the window is unsafe either. I have a 2 year old and am often in the units with her. The windows never open more than 3 inches, you have a choice to have them open outwards wth the airflow coming in from the top or they swing to the side with the small airflow coming through the side... The unit is designed just like the hilton hotel below it. Again, I am sorry you had a disapointing stay. I wish you would have mentioned something as we would have done many things in attempt to ammeliorate your experience.

Thank-you
Paige
Tracy C
Coquitlam, Canada
“Great host, excellent location!”
Reviewed 22 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016
people found this review helpful

Amanda and Paige were very responsive and clear in communications prior to arrival so booking and check-in were a breeze. The unit we booked became unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances in the last minute and Amanda and Paige went above and beyond to find a similar unit in the same building but on a higher floor and covered the extra costs. The building is clean, quiet and close to metro station and old Montreal. Would definitely recommend!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing