2,214 results
All reviews absinthe bar old town club room corner room convention center room service self park underground city street level concierge desk hotel bar room was large notre dame hotel is in a great location few blocks upon check valet parking
Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

The hotel is located perfectly in middle between historic old town and centre, decorated in 20th style.
Although aged, but well maintained, except the swimming pool, overcrowded by noisy kids in a narrow shape like a bathtub.
The club excels with its chef waiters, both friendly, empathetic and sympathetic.
The gym is small and sparsely equipped, barely acceptable for an Intercontinental.
All managers and staffs are extremely helpful and friendly.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
BernardChenevert, Directeur général at InterContinental Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Dear taoist_sg,
Thank you so much for taking the time to send us your comments on your stay. We are glad that your stay with us was up to your expectations, that you have enjoyed our location that allow you to discover Montreal. Also, we are pleased that you have enjoyed the service from our staff and the facilities of our hotel. We hope to see you again soon at the InterContinental Montreal.

Reviewed 4 September 2018

Was in town for the Triathlon last weekend. Stayed 2 nights. Very convenient location (close to metro, basilica, Chinatown and the pier).

Check in was easy, as I got a text message when my room was a ready and they kept an eye on my luggage while I wandered about. Even when I checked out, they took care of my luggage as a I had a late flight.

It was a spacious room and very comfortable. Nothing crazy about the view, but I wanted to see Montreal and not spend the day in the hotel!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo

Dear Kevin W,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with our team. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed the location of our hotel, which allowed you to discover Montreal. We are glad to hear that you appreciated our service.

Reviewed 3 September 2018

My twin sister and I reserved a suite at the InterContinental Montreal for our 50th birthday. Four of our friends joined us and booked their rooms at the hotel as well. We asked the concierge to make dinner reservations for us on two nights - the day before our birthday at Maison Boulud and the day of our birthday at L'Atelier de Joel Roubuchon. The concierge told us that he would make sure they knew it was a special occasion and we would enjoy it. At Maison Boulud people all around were getting desserts with candles and staff singing "Happy Birthday". For us, nothing. When asked if they were told that we were celebrating a birthday, they looked at the reservation ticket and said nothing had been noted. The same thing at L'Atelier de Joel Roubuchon. So much for "special".

One one evening my sister called down to order room service around 9:30. They said that they were busy and would call back. They called more than 30 minutes later.

The only thing special about the hotel is Englebert, who works in the club lounge. Every evening he greeted us with "Hello, Birthday Girls!" He was friendly, engaging, and hard working. Despite the busy lounge on some evenings, he remained calm and on top of everything - glasses were filled and the buffet replenished.

That said, even on the last day, the hotel disappointed. They did not slip a folio under our door, which every hotel does. Upon checkout we learned that there was a $650 charge to our room. The manager, Eric, said it was for the Club Lounge. We disputed this as we were told that the Club Lounge is complimentary for IHG Platinum members. When I stay at other IHG properties, the Club Lounge is always complimentary if I am on a Club floor or suite. Ultimately, he removed the charge. I also asked about two charges of $194 and $193 that appeared on my card. He said that it was a deposit and would be removed if no charges were incurred. I will check tomorrow as today is a holiday.

I mentioned my overall disappointment to Michel at the front desk . He asked if the hotel at least did something for us to celebrate our birthday. They did not.

I have been an IHG platinum member for years and my twin sister is as well. I travel internationally for work and have ALWAYS stayed at IHG hotels, primarily the Crown Plaza. In every country that I've visited the hotel staff have been amazing. During my stays I am greeted by name daily by multiple staff. I always thought of the Inter-Continental as a level above the Crown Plaza. However, it is not. When it comes to service, the Inter-Continental Montreal is not special.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear Sinheart,
Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club Platinum member and giving a feedback about your stay. Our hotel is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. It seems that we were not able to execute an exemplary hotel stay experience with regard to your platinum status. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you. On another note, we took note regarding the service received and it will certainly be shared with Englebert at the InterContinental Club.

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

I have just checked in. I booked 2 rooms. One was for my mum and brother and one for me, my husband and my toddler. Upon arrival at the check in, we were greeted by a mean looking woman in French. Although it is a French speaking city, most guests are tourists or from Ontario so one should never assume that the guest can speak French. I firmly believe the front desk woman had a problem with us being Muslim and wearing scarf, she wanted to humiliate us. She did look sulky when I replied back in French. I am from Mauritius so I speak English and French at native levels. Furthermore, I asked if we could have 2 rooms with 2 double beds. She seemed annoyed at being asked that. She said she couldn't as the hotel was fully booked. That is totally understandable but the rude attitude was uncalled for. I came all the way from Mauritius. I was in Toronto and everyone were so nice there. Then I come to Montreal. The first person I meet is the rudest I have ever been treated by a hotel staff. It is easy to notice the difference between the people in Toronto and Montreal. Toronto is the kind of Canadians they renowned for. Good natured. As for those in Montreal, hmmm... I rather not say. All I know is it would seem you have a rude staff in your hotel. The most annoying thing is that in all hotels they offer either free crib or a free extra bed for kids. My son is 3. I asked for an extra bed and we were told we have to pay for it. My mother and brother are staying in the same room but they got a Queen bed too and so I asked if they can have an extra bed and the front desk lady charged them extra for it. All other hotels charge for extra adults, not extra bed. They were still only 2 adults in the room. Lastly, I went up the elevator and my mother was looking for me. We both checked in together. The lady knew we were together. My mum paid for my deposit with her card so that proves we are related and together. My mum asked her my room number and she refused to give it citing for security purposes. What security purpose? She knew we were together. This has annoyed me and ruined my stay so much that I will not say anything nice about the hotel. You allowed your staff to be rude and as a result I withhold any good reviews I may have.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Haj296

Dear Haj296,
Thank you for your comments we are sorry to hear your experience with us did not live up to your expectations and we sincerely apologize.

Reviewed 1 September 2018

My wife and I stayed four nights at our traditionally favourite Montreal hotel – the Intercontinental. The location is extremely central with easy access to uptown, Chinatown, and the lower city and old port. Our upper-floor room (at a price) provided excellent views of the old city and port, and as always staff were extremely friendly and accommodating.

However, this year we noticed a sharp hike in the prices. We also noted that the furniture and decor is becoming worn and very dated. The hotel needs to update and modernize its furniture and decor, especially given those prices.

We again had occasion to visit the hotel's bar, Absinth, and the dining room, Ossa. The staff in both venues were attentive and obliging. The bar prices and selection were good, although for a hotel this size this bar is painfully small. As always, the food at Ossa was excellent, but the main dinner menu prices, like the hotel prices, appear to have skyrocketed. Fortunately a decent bar menu was also available in the main dining room at a reasonable price, as was house wine by the bottle.

Overall, we again quite enjoyed our stay at the Intercontinental, but will investigate other lower-priced lodging in the same area for our next trip to Montreal.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bman222

Dear bman222,
We thank you for sharing your comments with our team. We are sorry to hear that your stay with us did not live up to your expectations and we would like to sincerely apologize. On another note, we thank you for your kind words on the service receive by the staff in both of our venues.