“Tailor made tour by Marie”

Montreal by Marie Tour
Ranked #34 of 92 Tours in Montreal
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Explore Montreal with a professional local guide and true Montrealer! I offer walking tours that make you see, feel and understand Montreal the way I do. An insightful, factual and fun urban experience! I am passionate about storytelling. I share in a didactic way entertaining details to make sure you have a better understanding of the city, its past but also its current inhabitants. For more info, go to mmtour .ca
Reviewed 4 August 2018

I had a wonderful private tour with Marie on a rainy morning in Montreal. I mentioned to Marie that I was interested in history and architecture and she indeed focused on these topics in a walk of the old quarter. She immediately sensed my level of knowledge and adapted the tour on the fly providing more in depth information on the history of Montreal. The tour was very interactive; more of a conversation than a conventional "tour". Marie is bright and energetic and passionate about her work. I found her to be delightful and personable and I enjoyed our three hours spent together enormously. Marie left me with a map of our route and I was able to recreate the tour with my husband a couple of days later telling him the stories that Marie shared with me.
The tour with Marie was one of the highlights of my time in Montreal. I highly recommend her.

Reviewed 24 July 2018

Our walking tour with Marie was a really wonderful experience. She started with an overlook of the harbor and then a well-paced walk through the streets and sites of the old city. Marie brought energy and passion to her description of a variety of characters who were important in the history of the city. I think this was a unique approach, communicating the history through stories rather than facts and dates. Marie is both personable and knowledgeable. She really enjoys her role. She demonstrates a real interest in her guests. There is nothing rote or routine about a tour with Marie.

Marie C, Propriétaire at Montreal by Marie Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words and noticing my unique way of being a guide :) It has been a pleasure touring within Old-Montreal with you!

Reviewed 23 July 2018

I booked a private tour of Old Montreal with Marie, for myself and two other family members. We had a wonderful time. Marie is an excellent guide. She not only talks about the history of the places that you see, she ties them in to things going on today so you really feel how things have changed and evolved. I learned so much more from her than I would have if I had tried to do this on my own. I highly recommend her as a tour guide, and I looking forward to another tour with her this winter!

Marie C, Propriétaire at Montreal by Marie Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Thank you so much for your detailed feedback and your kind words! Looking forward to introducing you to Montreal in Winter - maybe walking together within our famous underground city!

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

My husband and I booked a private walking tour of Old Montreal with Marie. I felt like we had a personalized and given a very special backdrop to this beautiful, sophisticated and elegant city by Marie. Fluent in English with a brilliant sense of humour - which I loved about her. Passionate about Montreal? This is Marie for sure. Can’t wait to come back with my teens to hear all the fabulous stories told by Marie.

Marie C, Propriétaire at Montreal by Marie Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2018

I can't wait to meet your teens now :). Thank you Andrea and Kevin for the lovely time I've shared with you. You've been amazing interested and curious guests!