See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 September 2016

Rooms are a bit old and outdated, and some of the walls are a bit thin, but overall the value for your money (for long term stays) is great. I haven't stayed on a 1-night basis, so I can't comment on the value in those cases, but if you are a student and need a cheap convenient room, this is the place. Nice and close to the Holland College, friendly staff for the most part, and all the facilities and amenities work fine despite the fact they are old. Shower/sink water pressure was fine, toilet fine, bed was good, table and chair in the room, deck outside.

Overall would recommend as long-term, perhaps not as short-term.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 August 2016

Don't know where to begin.....

I really wished I had of read the reviews before we booked but we didn't have any other place to go.

We(myself, hubby, and 2 yr old son) stayed here for a weekend while we visited my Mother in law in Montague.

First of all the owner.........He's the guy that's usually working in the office. I don't know what was worse. Talking to him on the phone or in person. He can't speak a friggin lick of English. He just says yeah yeah yeah to everything you say. He should have been made to take an English as a second language course before they gave him a licence/permit for the Motel.

The room we stayed in was not worth 200.00 for 2 nights.

The door was very hard to get open and to lock. The bathroom door and storage room door were hard to open and close as well.

The room was very stale and smelled like a cross between nicotene and cat urine.

The room didn't have a telephone.

There was no kind of overhead lighting. Just a tiny little table lamp.

The carpets really should be replaced. They didn't look clean at all.

I found garbage in behind the microwave.

The top part of the toilet; the cover was way too big. It sometimes took a while to flush.

The sink looked as it had been re-caulked over and over. The shower wall when you touched it you could feel the soap scum. There was also a hair stuck to it.

There is no shampoo. Just little bars of soap that dries your skin right out.

The beds were ok.

The only good thing about the motel was the very nice housekeeper who spoke english; the fact that their was ac in the rooms and it worked, and the location very close to things.

Also would have been nice if they had breakfast like it was advertised.

We'll never stay there again.......

Room Tip: It would probably be quieter in the top floor.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

We were super nervous about staying here but thought we would give it a chance. How bad could it be… I don't know where to start…

The room reeked of stale smoke and the air conditioning had a fabreeze car clip on it to try to mask the smell.

The tv let off a ringing noise when on. We kept it on for about 30 seconds. One because of the noise and two it didn't work.

The shower water wouldn't work unless you only turned it half a quarter turn.

The toilet had to be opened and adjusted each time so the water would refill in the holding tank.

The plugs in our room were so old and worn our phone chargers would just fall out when plugged.

We were too scared to even check out the breakfast and honestly just wanted to get out of there as quick as possible. We were contemplating leaving at midnight. Bed was not comfortable and we were nervous about the cleanliness of the room.

There were no pluses about this room or hotel. A dark cloud on such a beautiful province.

PLEASE STAY AWAY!!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Keith H
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

DO NOT STAY HERE...We just arrived to Summerside without reservations so we decided to check in to this hotel. The room smelled like smoke, and the room was dirty. The shower wouldn't work properly, and the bathroom was disgusting. After having an amazing few days in Cavendish to stay here was an absolute buzz kill. My daughter and I woke up with a headaches and runny noses. We were with family or we would have left.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank shellharris
Reviewed 8 March 2016 via mobile

My sister, mother, mother-in-law, and myself stayed here for 2 nights. During that time my sister and I ran out of toilet paper in our room (there wasn't enough there to start). The maids (I use that term loosely) didn't give us more and so we had to call and then go down to the front desk to ask for more. The owner was the one at the desk and my sister had to tell him to go to the back and get us a roll of toilet paper because he kept refusing.

My room was on an upper floor with old rickety outside stairs. After it had rained I ended up slipping all the way down the stairs. The owner told us that the stairs were perfect and had just been painted with sand in it so you could not slip. He called me a liar to my lawyer husband who called to talk with him about it. I ended up with a bruised bone and massive bruising that did not go away for 6 months.

NEVER AGAIN!!