See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 February 2018

I have stayed at this hotel countless of times. The staff are all so friendly and give you a true taste of hospitality. I never felt pressure to ask for something and they were always willing to help me out.
There are such a wide variety of rooms to choose from to meet your personal needs or wants. The hotel is located walking distance to beautiful downtown Summerside. Also, it has a restaurant on site where the quality and portions of food are fantastic, and for a very good price.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone. It’s a wonderful place to stay...long or short term!

Room Tip: Any room in the main building. 2nd, 3rd, 4th floor front of hotel have water views.
Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Natasha E
Reviewed 9 November 2017

I stayed at Causeway Bay during a 3-day Bluegrass music festival at the beginning of November. The hotel staff was terrific, friendly, courteous and extremely helpful, despite having to deal with a capacity crowd of fans and musicians. Kudos. John P., Peterborough, On.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank j0hnpartridge
Tamara P, General Manager at Causeway Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2017

Thank You for you review, We love hearing we have succeeded at extending a great experience to our guests ! The staff and I work very hard at reaching out to each and every guest in any way we can make their stay as enjoyable as possible. We all love hearing positive feedback

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

When we first took the elevator to our room on the 4th floor, we noticed the elevator buttons were pointing right and left instead of up and down. The floor in the elevator was filthy and no more than 2 people with luggage could fit on the small elevator although rated for 9 people! The door on the wardrobe fell off when I went to hang up my clothes and there was only 1 hanger available for use. We had 2 double beds that had mattresses with squeaky metal springs! My husband noted toe nail clippings on the carpet between the beds. The paper toilet holder in the bathroom was installed at an angle and the bathroom walls were bubbled. In the morning, the water for our showers was one temperature - scalding hot and the shower head was so clogged up it squirted water all over the bathroom! The pool is "conveniently" located in another building across the road and our room key didn't provide us with access. Dirty floors throughout the building, housekeeping piles of sheets and towels in all hallways and I even noted plastic cups laying in the floor in the reception area. Staff was friendly enough but unconcerned when we checked out six days early with no questions asked. I've never written a negative review before, but really don't have anything positive to say about this hotel. If they cut the price in half, I would still look for a different place to stay.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Tamara P, General Manager at Causeway Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Thank You for taking the time to write us a review, It is important to have reviews whether good or bad as it helps us to be aware of any issues our guests may have. Every one is so important and read and gone over with the staff at length as a learning tool in the hopes of never having it happen again and to provide the guest with the best possible experience with us. In this business we are striving for positive stays for all our guests and we all work very hard to have that happen. I will go over your encountered problems with an explanation not to excuse it but to have better understanding of what happened for you and for us as well as future guests. Ideally we would have loved to have done this with you while here and been given the chance to have your issues resolved and had you leave with a much better view of us. We hosted a great event that lasts 4 days and on your check in day we were still checking them all out and with extended checkouts our staff were totally scrambling to get rooms up for arriving guests which is why we were not up to our usual par with elevators, floors etc
Elevator - we are an older site with a lot of island history attached to us and the elevator is smaller, luggage and people do take up more room then just people so that is where the inspectors numbers are from for people only, The first floor button is pointing wrong and we have been trying to source out a new one with the company.
The condition of your room is the most troubling as staff whether rushed or not should have taken top notch care to make sure all was fixed and replaced (wardrobe, hangers etc) from the larger convention before clearing them to rent.
Shower heat acting that way means it has a diverter gone and is a 5 minute fix and is something that happens routinely, its not that the shower head was clogged and I really hate this problem and having only hot water is so upsetting.
Beds: we as all hotels are in process of replacing all beds and going to queen only, but we haven't had a complaint about your room to date and had guests just stay for 4 days in there. I will put that room next on our list to change.
Pool building is in another building and we offer pool keys and large pool towels at front desk for that reason I cannot recall that ever troubling guests as an issue in the past. Dirty floors and evidence of housekeeping activity is again because of the fast change over.
Front Desk staff always have to explain why a guest leaves early and she had thought it was just a change of plans as we had so many people who checked in that day for 7 nights for an event in the city we excepted that reason and that staff member will be reprimanded for not taking better care of her customers.
With all that being said My staff and I again offer our sincere apology and wish we could have worked to a mutually happy conclusion and hope you are having a great week in our city. Should you want to talk to me further on this do not hesitate to contact me to do so

Reviewed 4 September 2017

Walking distance from the harbor. Access to most of the island within an hour or two, especially for northern coastal route access. Very friendly staff, welcoming. Clean room, but not the most comfortable bed.
We had a nice view.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lisa J

Thank You for your review, we love hearing from our guests both good and bad aspects of their stay. We are lucky to be so central to the island sites and guiding our guests where is enjoyable to see, eat, shop etc. WE are in constant change of beds and are at the moment working on adding new queen and king beds to the hotel so hoping all our changes will make the problem disappear as their is nothing like a good sleep especially as your days can be so busy seeing our beautiful island.

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

I was an extended stay guest for the past 2 years for my work.
Management and staff always made me feel welcome and comfortable while away from home.
The room was great!
I wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business

Thank You for your review. We do offer extended stay units for students, workers, commercial etc and have had great success with that part of our business. We get to know these guests as stays are longer. Staff and I try very hard to give them a home away from home and they very often bring their famililes back for vacations as well