Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
liadhR
Falls Church, Virginia

Loved this fantastic boutique hotel!

Review of Gladstone House
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 5 Jul 2023
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Gladstone House. The entire staff was very friendly and welcoming. There was a wonderful laid back, cool, hip vibe about the place, without a whiff of attitude. The decor was fun and modern but also gave a nod to the hotel's historic heritage. Our room was spacious, the bed was comfy and the shower pressure was fantastic. The hotel is located in a great neighborhood with plenty of bars, bakeries and restaurants. There is a streetcar stop just outside the front door, so you can get downtown in no time flat. There is even a grocery store located directly behind the hotel if you're looking for some snacks for your room. On our next visit to Toronto we will definitely be booking a room here again!
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    $171
13.7 km from Gladstone House
View more hotels in Toronto
1,073 results
All reviews melody bar operated elevator antique elevator queen street fourth floor main floor bars and restaurants wedding earplugs west drake
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 June 2023

The rep/clerk at check in was courteous. Just a small awkward moment when asked to pay for the required deposit/per stay, which we knew. So, apparently this hotel only accepts MaJor credit cards for this. Mind you, the whole stay and payment was done/with a debit/credit card (same one attempted to pay for this small fee deposit). I been all over the world abroad and stayed at countless hotels/resorts including high end five stars and never had a problem, until this “Karen hotel” small corner hotel. Additionally, nothing or no where states on their site or any third party site when booking that deposits are collected with a major credit card only. If I wanted to, I’ll definitely would’ve argue my way/no fine prints. However, I was tired and didn’t wanted to have a pathetic convo about the absurd made up scam sound like issue. I’ll just lock my card, for safety matters. Little set back there and pathetic moment from the hotel. I’ll definitely will be asking for a check out receipt to avoid any fraud scam attempts. Never know!

Rooms: are okay, nothing fancy.
Parking: need to pay daily and it’s like 2 buildings down.

I will update accordingly this review for any other weird unheard encounters.

Room tip: Only accept Major Credit Cards even for food at this place (apparently).
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank RozCt
Reviewed 17 June 2023

What made my stay really good?
This hotels number one asset, if you look beyond the cool decor and the exciting lighting options is it’s staff. Hands down THE friendliest, most genuinely interested and accommodating group of people I have ever met. Polite, funny and engaged - I don’t know what you pay them but they all deserve a raise.

Other points worth noting - The hotel concept is really well put together and flows through the building.
The vibe is hip but not trying too hard, (yes … I’m looking at you Hotel Drake ).
art in the rooms (with info about the artist- nice touch)
quirky hanging system (maybe a couple more hangers though) ,
big powerful showers and BUILT IN USB PORTS … (applause, nay a standing ovation)
delightful ‘pour over’ coffee in the bedrooms .. Nespresso corner in the common area … all the thumbs up for that. Nothing ruins a hotel experience faster than substandard coffee
There’s an inviting library area that has books that have actually been read and a very cool peacock blue pool table, although I didn’t see anyone playing.
Really good beds and having the room feather free was not a problem for the staff (thank you ). I’m not going to lie- the feather free pillows are the best I’ve slept on .. I’m going to buy a pair for myself.

What would have made it great …
1) sound and light insulation - both the corridor door which leaks very bright light in the night and the windows which let in both noise and light.
2) privacy film on the outdoor windows… no one deserves to see me naked in the morning, the hotel has a whole colour film vibe downstairs … maybe extend this to the first floor? Think of The poor passers by.

These may seem like minor peeves but if you are roadside, having the trams automated voice clearly heard in your bedroom isn’t a joke.

The hotel location is just great … at the jetsam line of gentrification so a left turn and a walk along West Queen takes you through not only the hippest of pop ups and restaurants but also you are within staggering distance of,5 of the to 50 bars in the Americas. What is not to love?
Turn right and you are in the less salubrious Little Tibet but a 15 minute walk brings you to High Park which is a gem. Great to run, hike or just enjoy the feeling of being lost in the woods in the middle of Toronto.

The tram, whilst a nuisance at night, connects you seamlessly to the rest of the greater Toronto network.

I’m definitely coming back, but I’ll go for one of the rooms at the rear of the hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 24 May 2023

Gladstone House Hotel will not disappoint. Its eclectic vibes are so inviting and fun. It is like no other hotel we’ve ever stayed at. The attention to detail from booking welcome text messages all the way to the decor of the place is exquisite. The staff are very friendly and welcoming and the food is delicious. Naz and Beyza excelled in customer service, knowledge and overall enthusiasm. They were beyond attentive and caring. This was truly a memorable place. Thank you for your attentiveness! 💕

Date of stay: May 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2023

The Gladstone is just like home, only so much prettier. Even the tiniest of rooms offers perfect comfort, with amazing attention to detail. I was really pleased to see toilettries offered in refillable glass bottles, rather than in single-use throwaways. It was so nice and convenient to have kettle provided, along with a coffee packet with an integral filter. The customer service is always amazing; I appreciate being able to communicate directly with the staff via text. There is no other place I'd rather stay.

Date of stay: April 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 4 March 2023

Nice to be in a hotel with character, not the generic bland type. Lovely decor with the exposed old bricks in the bedroom and the many modern touches, nice little pluses like the pool table, the library and the beautiful antique elevator, and friendly service. Gladstone House is well located, close to lively neighbourhoods, good dining, and fun shopping. We'll be back!

Date of stay: February 2023