Lowest prices for your stay
$527
Hotels.com
$620
Fully refundable before Sat, 4 May
Get rewarded with One Key
Algotels
$402
1,072 results
All reviews melody bar operated elevator antique elevator queen street fourth floor main floor bars and restaurants wedding earplugs west drake
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 August 2012

Rooms all different- they've kept the charm of the old building and there's lots happening in this area, and particularly at the hotel. Perfect for the artistically inclined, perhaps not for a more traditional hotel experience. 2 live music events one night did mean some noise transfer, but not a major problem...

Date of stay: June 2012
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank nathanwaks
Reviewed 22 August 2012

We stayed in the felt room and then the bilio room, and the bilo was by far our favourite. It's so much nicer than the photos!! With its red walls, velvet bedspread and curtains, and stacked books, it was the perfect hideaway in west queen west for a couple of academics. The food and art is amazing too (try the panelle sandwich - it's unbelievable), and the staff were so helpful and kind. We honestly couldn't have had a better time. Can't recommend it enough!

Room tip: The Bilio was great! The Canadiana looked nice too (we saw it while touring the building).
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2012

My friends and I enjoyed the Gladstone. The hotel was in a good area. A distance from downtonw but cabs were not expensive. Rooms were clean. Staff was very helpful. They did have vegan options. Their chef is excellent. The art was an added plus. Angelina had arranged a great stay. Unfortunately I did not get to meet her.

Room tip: Speak to Angelina. She will advise.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 August 2012 via mobile

This review leans to a four star review because of it's cleanliness. The reason I am giving 3 is that it doesn't live up to his self proclaimed art hotel status.

I stayed here in August in one of the standard rooms (the chinese room 417).

The room was clean and comfy, but i wouldn't say it was particularily arty. Just a standard room. With a bit of wear and tear.

The common areas were not particularily stylish either. Reception staff was very cheerful and friendly, but not neccessarily knowledgeable.

I liked the location of the hotel. It's in the very trendy queen street west area, far enough away from the tourists areas to feel authentic, but the centre was easily reached by a 10 min tram ride.

There was very loud music on the weekends, so if you like peace and quiet don't stay here on weekends. I could hear it on the 4th floor at around 3 pm. Yhe floorboards were shaking from the bass.

Free wifi and complementary coffee outside the room in the mornings. No bathropes.

I think I paid approx £120 ($180) per night and for this price I would have preferred to have stayed at the drake next door (it was much more stylish) or I would have liked to stay at the thompson for it's rooftop pool and bar.

This isn't a fashionable hotel. Stay here if you are under 30, an art student or if style isn't one of your priorities.

Reviewed 16 August 2012

This hotel was very nice, with quirky rooms, each with a different style of decoration. I stayed in the red room and found it to be lovely, and very clean and tidy. The hotel staff were nice and the bar had good cappuccino. I would recommend it to anyone looking for something different.

Date of stay: July 2012
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Blueredgum