Lowest prices for your stay
$397
Hotels.com
$467
Fully refundable before Sat, 20 Apr
Get rewarded with One Key
Algotels
$304
1,072 results
All reviews melody bar operated elevator antique elevator queen street fourth floor main floor bars and restaurants wedding earplugs west drake
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 August 2012

My friends and I enjoyed the Gladstone. The hotel was in a good area. A distance from downtonw but cabs were not expensive. Rooms were clean. Staff was very helpful. They did have vegan options. Their chef is excellent. The art was an added plus. Angelina had arranged a great stay. Unfortunately I did not get to meet her.

Room tip: Speak to Angelina. She will advise.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 August 2012 via mobile

This review leans to a four star review because of it's cleanliness. The reason I am giving 3 is that it doesn't live up to his self proclaimed art hotel status.

I stayed here in August in one of the standard rooms (the chinese room 417).

The room was clean and comfy, but i wouldn't say it was particularily arty. Just a standard room. With a bit of wear and tear.

The common areas were not particularily stylish either. Reception staff was very cheerful and friendly, but not neccessarily knowledgeable.

I liked the location of the hotel. It's in the very trendy queen street west area, far enough away from the tourists areas to feel authentic, but the centre was easily reached by a 10 min tram ride.

There was very loud music on the weekends, so if you like peace and quiet don't stay here on weekends. I could hear it on the 4th floor at around 3 pm. Yhe floorboards were shaking from the bass.

Free wifi and complementary coffee outside the room in the mornings. No bathropes.

I think I paid approx £120 ($180) per night and for this price I would have preferred to have stayed at the drake next door (it was much more stylish) or I would have liked to stay at the thompson for it's rooftop pool and bar.

This isn't a fashionable hotel. Stay here if you are under 30, an art student or if style isn't one of your priorities.

Reviewed 16 August 2012

This hotel was very nice, with quirky rooms, each with a different style of decoration. I stayed in the red room and found it to be lovely, and very clean and tidy. The hotel staff were nice and the bar had good cappuccino. I would recommend it to anyone looking for something different.

Date of stay: July 2012
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Blueredgum
Reviewed 16 August 2012

We chose this hotel because we were intrigued by its concept - artist-designed, atmospheric rooms. Our room, The Urban Traveller, was clean, comfortable, visually interesting. Although not large, the space was used efficiently. All the staff members with whom we had contact were pleasant, helpful, clearly concerned with the quality of our stay. The public spaces are also attractive and contain a wealth of visual stimulation; coffee and tea are provided in the morning. There are many intriguing shops and restaurants within walking distance; downtown is in easy reach via streetcar. If you are a traveller who needs two queen size beds, wall-to-wall carpet, a full business center, you should probably look elsewhere. But if you, as did we, crave a unique, not mass-produced experience, without sacrificing comfort and service, this is an excellent choice.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Artgrrl04
Reviewed 16 July 2012 via mobile

Stayed on a July weekend. Booked the room from my phone at the airport and was checked in 25 minutes later.
Great food and live entertainment in the Derby Room and then very high quality of amateurs in the 11pm karaoke.
Lots of antique, vintage clothing, art galleries, bars, restaurants and coffee shops within easy walking distance.
Hotel and serving staff were all excellent.
Room was small but nicely decorated.
Not recommended for light sleepers, unless you go to bed late.
Great value and highly recommend based on our experience.

Date of stay: July 2012