Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
47Claudia
Toronto, Canada

great girls getaway and staycation

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 5 weeks ago
We are a group of 10 female friends who stayed at the Shangri La, Toronto overnight for a "Staycation". From the moment we pulled up to the Valet, then proceeded through the quick and seamless check in to the time we saw our fabulous and spacious rooms, to an incredible sleep in their fabulous beds, everything was perfect! We now want to return with our husband!!
Kari Koskela, General Manager at Shangri-La Toronto, responded to this review
Responded 4 weeks ago
Dear Claudia,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel! We are thrilled to hear that you and your girlfriends had such a wonderful stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel again soon for your next getaway.

Best regards,

• Priceline
2.7 km from Shangri-La Toronto
View more hotels in Toronto
2,014 results
All reviews lobby lounge room ipad university avenue health club one bedroom suite beautiful hotel tv in the mirror five star hotel room service turn down service floor to ceiling windows in room dining steam room cn tower the financial district the ritz four seasons
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 May 2024

The hotel was beautiful, the food was really good, the bed and pillows were very comfortable, and the location was perfect. My husband and I enjoyed staying at the Shangri-La hotel. Dean Voon was the highlight of our stay!! We went to Toronto with no plans, but Dean helped my husband and I create the most memorable trip. He was AMAZING and made us feel so loved and special!! We are so grateful and can’t wait to come back.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Danielle S
Kari Koskela, General Manager at Shangri-La Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2024

Dear Danielle,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel! We are thrilled to hear your exceptional feedback about Dean and the level of service provided throughout your stay. It is indeed our people and thoughtful care that we take the utmost pride in delivering to valued guests like yourself.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 8 May 2024

This is based on our stay at Shangri La – Toronto in the end of April 2024. Room category: deluxe suite.
Before I start with my review, let me clarify that Shangri La is our favorite places to stay in Hong Kong and we stayed there four times, and I am going to use our previous stays at Shangri La as base to compare.
The hotel location is convenient to most of what downtown Toronto offers. The main entrance of the hotel is on Simcoe St which is one-way street and with the traffic it could be a challenge to get to the hotel especially in peak times.
The valet guys were very efficient, polite and friendly…. Probably this was the greatest service we got at the hotel.
Check-in was ok. It was a little slow, not sure what the front desk lady was typing in the system but it looked like she was writing e novel. We were offered water and we got a carton bottle of water, each no glass. We were escorted to the elevator and wished a pleasant stay.
The suite was beautiful. The main bathroom was in the corner of the building and facing CN Tower. Great view! Every time we have checked-in at Shangri La we were offered in-room welcome tea service. We did not get tea service this time. Not sure if it is something Shangri La – Toronto does not do or what but I always thought this was one of the signature experiences that makes Shangri La stand out. There were no fruit or mini sweets either (not sure why… maybe Shangri La - Toronto wants to make things their own way). And also, we always had bath salts by the bathtub. At Shangri La – Toronto there was a price list and if you want to take a bath you need to call and order “an experience”… and by the way the control display for the bathtub did not work… not sure if it was on the price list as an item…. “working bathtub controls”.
The nightly turndown service confused me the most. The first night we did not get our water replenished but we got a water bottle on each of the night stands. The second night we did not get the water replenished either but this time we did not get water on the night stands. So what should we expect?
Also, the amenities in the bathrooms were not replenished even once for the two-day stay… and I know, everybody is going green and conserving resources but unfortunately the price travelers pay do not reflect this saving practices – we still pay pretty penny for these stays.
Breakfast was ok… plates were presented very well… taste wise…. Nothing to write about. Edible.
I am deducting one star for the lack of service. Maybe we did compare everything to other stays at Shangri La but Shangri La – Toronto was disappointing in the service area. While getting in the elevator a lady that looked like she was one of the managers at the hotel almost bumped into me exiting the elevator. She was on her phone texting and did not even acknowledge us… and probably did not even think of holding the door for us because she did not. You know, simple things like this are what makes a 5 star hotel a 5 star hotel – not just tons of marble and crystals.
After the stay I received an email requesting to review them. I did, and nobody got back to me. This why I am deducting another star.
Would we stay at Shangri La again… definitely. Would we stay at the Shangri La – Toronto again – most probably no.

Date of stay: April 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank amanov
Kari Koskela, General Manager at Shangri-La Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2024

Dear Andrey,

Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed feedback with us and it is disheartening to know that we did not meet your expectations during your visit.

Our Rooms Division Manager, Mr. Adam El Alfy, will be reaching out to you separately to address your concerns. Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience you experienced and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to rebuild your trust in our service delivery.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 7 May 2024 via mobile

I have traveled extensively solo and with family. I was pleasantly surprised by the grace and detail I experienced at Shangri-La on a recent business related trip. Every staff member knew my name within 24 hours of the stay. They greeted me kindly; went out of their way to notice if I needed help or offer assistance. I felt like I snuck in a spa vacation on a relatively busy business work related trip. I was really taken aback when I had an issue with my room and it was addressed swiftly and the duty manager left me a hand written card and chocolates. It was the perfect mix of privacy, relaxation, support etc. The food both room service and at the lobby restaurant were delicious. I did not have the opportunity to try the tea service but will surely return with my family to do that. I cannot honestly say enough good things about this hotel and its staff. I had an absolutely wonderful rejuvenating stay!

Room tip: Stay extra days. You won’t want to leave.
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank sona d
Kari Koskela, General Manager at Shangri-La Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2024

Dear Sona,

Thank you for your excellent review of our hotel! We are thrilled that you had an exceptional stay with us. It is certainly our people that make the difference. I am glad to hear that our team was able to resolve the matter promptly and to your satisfaction.

It was our pleasure having you as our guest and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 7 May 2024

Superior service. Professional staff that truly cares. Upon following check-in, one staff member walked me to the elevator. Another called a cab for me, saw me to the door and put me in the cab when I checked out. Quality rooms and services. Beautiful lobby.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Vanessa C
Kari Koskela, General Manager at Shangri-La Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2024

Dear Vanessa,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

We pride ourselves in offering the highest levels of service and hospitality to all our guests. We are delighted to hear that had a pleasant experience while staying with us.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 May 2024

My business meeting was at the hotel and I had the absolute pleasure of being welcomed to the hotel by Absalan. He was delightful, engaging, kind and went the extra mile to make sure I had the best stay.

The hotel is lovely and all staff are very welcoming. The room is a great size and well appointed. I love the bathroom layout and the amenities in the closet. Housekeeping is impeccable.

The only reason it’s not a 5 star for me is the heavy scent and heavily scented products throughout the hotel. I have a scent allergy and it made for headaches and runny nose.

Room tip: If you have scent sensitivities or allergies bring your allergy medication and your own toiletries.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank jennifermK3490CQ

Dear Jennifer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Arsalan will be overjoyed to be recognized in such an excellent manner. Rest assured that your comments have been shared with our team and immediate improvements will be put into place.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Best regards,