Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Steve C
Pflugerville, Texas

Enjoyable stay downtown (but do plan ahead to save money)

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 3 weeks ago
I really liked the hotel design; the lobby and rooms were very modern and the staff was very friendly! The doorman Alexandre was a delight and helped me with my dialysis supplies (6 boxes and cycler) immediately, once I got in. I love how accommodating the hotel was, and the valet fellow (sorry, forgot his name) permitted me to temporarily park at the back of the building on 22 Selby -- located to the left of the grimy, outdoor parking lot at 8 Selby -- so that I could unload my stuff. He also got a cart for me and brought it all inside.

Note: the back-of-building valet entrance to the hotel is NOT visible on Google maps since it's a relatively new development. But there are 3 spots available for temporary parking; just work with the valet team (and tip them, cuz they're great!).

Apparently downtown Toronto STILL has it's share of kind and helpful people, which wasn't the case when I last visited (and I'm originally from Toronto).

Would I stay here again? Absolutely, and for those visiting for the first time, a few tips (especially on PARKING)...

a) the valet parking is quite high (but typical for downtown) at $55 CDN a night, but you CAN make use of local parking as I did. These lots (covered/uncovered) are all roughly the same, charging exorbitant fees per 20 mins, to a given max. The key thing to all these parking lots, I found, is to just narrow it down to the 3 following rates:
charges per 20 min (usually $4)
DAYTIME max charges from 6am to 6pm (usually $18)
OVERNIGHT max charges from 6pm to 6am (usually $10)

So most days, I did my Toronto business/tourist stuff throughout the day and parked in a nearby lot AFTER 6 pm, left the car overnight, then drove out at 11 am. That came out to $28 ($10+$18) + HST/GST, which seems like a lot but is still noticeably cheaper than $55. Just note that there are no in/out privileges.

But hey, if you're gonna leave your car in park for most of your time or take the TTC/Go Trains or rental bikes, then work it out and you might find the valet parking at $55 (with unlimited in/out privileges) serving you better while still accumulating Hilton points.

The garage I used almost exclusively was the 345 Bloor underground garage located on Huntley/Selby, which is kind of next to the hotel. You can't miss it; it's where the Damiano's NO FRILLS grocery store plaza is. The rates are exactly what I've quoted above. If you only need to park for a short time, shop at the NO FRILLS store, make a min purchase of $20 and get free validated parking for the first 1 hr. And if I sound like I'm obsessed about parking fees, it's because I am. The money you save can be better directed towards tipping the hotel staff, after all.

b) This hotel is CRAZY CLOSE to Sherbourne station (just a tiny bit west of the station), which is great cuz it's right on the west/east Bloor line and only 1 stop away from the north/south Yonge line.

c) Being Yorkville, this is a quieter part of downtown, which I prefer. But it's just a few blocks away from the busier parts of bloor and a short walk to Shoppers Drug Mart, Tim Hortons and a variety of small shops, restaurants, and chains.

d) Note the orientation of the hotel. It's on the South side of Bloor, is West of Parliament and the DVP, but East of Yonge. So if you're going up north on the DVP to eat better Chinese food in Markham or Scarborough (heh) -- just remember that on your return trip back to the hotel, you're gonna hit Canopy on your left side along Bloor very quickly and much sooner than hitting Yonge. I kept missing the Canopy cuz I didn't pay attention each time.

e) Getting to your hotel room is kind of unorthodox. If you're entering from the front of the building (cuz lucky you, you got some street curb parking along Bloor), you enter the elevators on your right that takes you to the 2nd floor of the lobby. Then you walk past the lobby (on your left) and go to the end of the floor to another set of elevators that take you to your room floor. Yeah, it's a bit complicated.

f) Love the filtered water and ice dispensers located on each floor! What a great idea! It was so convenient to be able to could drink all the water I needed without worrying about having to buy heavy water jugs from outside.

g) The standard, complimentary wifi was sufficient for my purposes, and I didn't try the enhanced, extra-charge wifi they had available. If you're downloading stuff, pay the extra for the faster speeds. If you're just browsing, stick with the free service.

All-in-all, this will be the only place with which I'll stay in downtown Toronto. The rates were still reasonable for me, perhaps because it's not as well-noticed as the more centrally-located, mainstream hotels. Thanks to the wonderful staff and I'm looking forward to my next stay!
Date of stay: May 2024
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded 2 weeks ago
Dear J4909CXStevec,

On behalf of the entire team at Canopy by Hilton Toronto Yorkville, we thank you for the detailed review.

I am proud to have the pleasure of responding to such positive feedback and a pleasure to have hosted you while in Toronto. Providing exceptional hospitality is a priority and we are delighted to know that we fulfilled your expectations.

Rest assured your wonderful review has been shared with Alexandre and our Valet team. Recognizing our team for their professional performance is also a priority as it keeps the team motivated and positive.

Once again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

$1,270
    $227
  • travelup.com
9.7 km from Canopy By Hilton Toronto Yorkville
View more hotels in Toronto
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 May 2024

I don’t often give 5 star reviews, but this place deserved it! The huge list of pros way outweighs the small list of cons, and most of those aren’t a concern if you’re travelling solo.

PRO
- Modern room with cool design and spacious layout
- Great walk through closet
- Coffee/tea station is amazing; you have both a Nespresso AND a kettle. Proper mugs as well as takeaway cups
- Cool drawer fridge
- Mirror with optional light
- Bathrobes
- Super cool touch panel to control lights, curtains, and DND in walk through, bathroom, and by both bedsides
- Bathroom shower controls opposite shower head; genius
- Extra storage on bathroom wall
- Actual quality bath & body products
- Built-in makeup mirror with light
- Motion sensor floor lights in “night mode”
- Big wooden door to separate bedroom from closet/bathroom; also helps with noise
- Electric blackout curtains and sheets
- Actual HD channels and music
- Sound machine as part of the alarm clock
- Motion sensor lights under the bed and bathroom sink in Night Mode are key
- Staff is super kind
- Very cool overall decor
- Restaurant and a coffee shop
- Text concierge service
- Pet friendly
CON
- Bathroom counter small
- No bathroom door
- Toilet area wall doesn’t go all the way to the ceiling
- Water pressure was mid
- No electrical or USB plugs at the desk
- Pillows are skinny and deflate quickly

Date of stay: May 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Katherine Talledo, Owner at Canopy By Hilton Toronto Yorkville, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2024

Dear msalexisgreen,

We are delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at Canopy by Hilton Toronto Yorkville. It is great to hear that pros outweigh the cons. I am extremely happy that you had positive experience at our property and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and making your next visit just as unforgettable.

At your service,

Reviewed 21 April 2024 via mobile

I stayed there for 6 nights and I’ll definitely return thanks to Bianca at the Front Desk. She’s knowledgeable at her job and the friendly vibes from her made our day!
Besides that, the location of the hotel is extremely convenient which is next to a subway station and shopping spots and the hotel is very modern since it’s a brand new hotel.

Room tip: Try to book directly with Hilton so that you can all the perks as a Hilton Honors member!
Date of stay: April 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Katherine Talledo, Owner at Canopy By Hilton Toronto Yorkville, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2024

Dear Chun Hei S,

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Canopy Toronto Yorkville.

Your feedback regarding Bianca's positive attitude and knowledge of the hotel is extraordinary, and I will be sure to share it with Bianca and the team. We are excited to have the opportunity to welcome you back and hope that you'll choose to stay with us again soon.

Thank you again for choosing Canopy Toronto Yorkville.

Reviewed 19 April 2024

This hotel is the place to stay in Toronto! The rooms are so comfortable, the location is perfect, and the staff are kind and helpful. I especially like talking to the door staff and front desk staff! Aya in particular was so friendly and personable. It was great getting to know her! I highly recommend Canopy!

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear xiaoweny923,

We are delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at Canopy by Hilton Toronto Yorkville. It is great to hear that Aya positively impacted your experience while staying with us.
We strive to deliver the best in hospitality to our guests, and it seems like we succeeded in your case. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

At your service,

Reviewed 10 April 2024

Excellent! The rooms, amenities and food are all outstanding. But the service is even better. This was my third visit and they always exceed expectations. One of the best! I spend an average of three nights a week in hotels and I can’t say enough about this one.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Katherine Talledo, Owner at Canopy By Hilton Toronto Yorkville, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2024

Dear jamiecB5078GT,

I'm glad to hear that you had a wonderful experience during your stay at Canopy by Hilton Toronto Yorkville. Our team always aims to exceed our guests' expectations, and it appears that we achieved that with you. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback with us.
We are excited to have you back soon and provide you with another memorable stay. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly the next time you plan a trip to the Toronto Yorkville area. I would be delighted to welcome you back personally.

Reviewed 3 April 2024

An excellent luxurious Hotel! For a moderate price!
The staff is excellent. Everything was ready before i came in.
The valley suite is on a corner and nothing blocking with a regular moderate price. All is modern in the room, the blinds are opened from the wall control. Light detection when walking... A MUST SEE!

Room tip: Reserve before hand and see the hotel map to choose your room.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Katherine Talledo, Owner at Canopy By Hilton Toronto Yorkville, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2024

Dear 847antoined,

We would like to extend our sincere appreciation for choosing to stay with us at Canopy by Hilton Toronto Yorkville. Your feedback is highly valued, and we appreciate your time. The team at Canopy strives to provide the highest level of service and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Please reach out to me directly if you are ever in the Toronto Yorkville area as I would personally like to assist you with your booking.

Lead Welcome Enthusiast