“Come for the island, stay for the cat”
Front entrance of he Bay Window B&B & Bicycles, summer 2014.
Bay Window B&B bedroom with Queen bed. Bay Window B&B private patio for guests, summer 2014.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Front entrance of he Bay Window B&B & Bicycles, summer 2014.
Bay Window B&B bedroom with Queen bed.
Bay Window B&B private patio for guests, summer 2014.
Bay Window B&B shared patio, summer 2014.
The Island Cafe is a well loved island owned and operated phenomenon. Breakfast is served here.
Garden blooms, summer 2014.
View of Toronto from Ward's Island.The Bay Window B&B is 2 minutes from a shore view of the city.
Ward's Island winter 2007.
Christmas tree burning on the beach 2014.
A curious fox in winter on our patio, winter 2011.
Harbour skating, winter 2014.
WE have a tandem quadricycle to rent for $40/day.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

German first
Any
Dan P
“Come for the island, stay for the cat”
Reviewed 11 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017
person found this review helpful

I took a weekend trip here with my girlfriend and we absolutely loved it. The room was clean and wonderful. We spent hours sitting out on the private patio as well. beyond just the room, Inese was a very friendly and welcoming host, as was Abby the cat.

We highly recommend this place, and hope to be back some time in the future!

Management Response
13 Jun 2017
I am so delighted that you enjoyed yourself!
I appreciate the feedback.
Be well.
Inese
Walter L
Niagara Falls, Canada
“Enjoyable Moments at this Beautiful Island Bed and Breakfast”
Reviewed 27 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015
people found this review helpful

We only stayed for one night, but wished we could have stayed a bit longer. The single room with private entrance and washroom along with internet was perfect for our needs. Inese was very helpful and detailed when assisting my wife and I with our arrival. Communication was great. We felt very much welcomed when we arrived, even though we arrived late in the afternoon. There is a beautiful outdoor sitting area just outside of our entrance to enjoy during warmer weather. The bed was very comfortable. We met Inese in person, the next morning, when she brought us a delicious breakfast with toast, juice and coffee. This is a great place if you have done day trips to this island but never stayed overnight. The sounds and sites are unique to this island. Highly recommended for those of us who enjoy a bit of remoteness from the hustle and bustle of beautiful downtown Toronto

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Location and Hosts
Liked least: Only stayed one night
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
dougalgra...
Montreal, Canada
“Cozy Relaxing B&B”
Reviewed 15 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015
people found this review helpful

I stayed here with my wife for two very relaxing nights. Inese was a wonderful host. As we were in the off season, she made sure to let us know which restaurants were available and a what imes, and since no one was arriving afer us gave us latitude in our check out times. The breakfasts were delicious, and the availabiliy of a decent internet connection was very convenient too!

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Rebecca H
“My new favourite retreat spot”
Reviewed 6 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

I just got back from one of the best trips I've ever had. I've been all over the world, but this trip was less than an hour by transit from where I live--no jet lag! At this time of year, the island is beautiful and nearly empty, so it was the perfect spot for the contemplative weekend I was looking for. The Bay Window B and B was comfortable, quiet and peaceful. Inese brought delicious breakfasts to my room on both mornings, and the rest of the time she let me be--just what I was looking for. Inese was warm and welcoming, and her place was the perfect spot for me to write and come back to after biking and walking in the wind, listening to the waves. I am already looking forward to my next visit.

Travelling group: Solo
Jacquelin...
Toronto, Canada
“Dorm style accommodation on a beautiful island in Toronto”
Reviewed 9 September 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

We stayed two nights at Bay Window B&B and although we had a wonderful three day experience, it was the setting of the island in Toronto's harbour that made it so special and not our stay in the B&B. The B&B was not terrible, but it was not amazing either - just okay. If you read the other reviews carefully, you will note the same sentiment in between the lines. The room on offer at Bayside B&B is down a path along the side if the owner's cottage. It is a small room with space to put your bag down and walk up alongside the bed. You won't be unrolling your yoga mat here unless you are very compact in your poses. Pretty windows were along one wall but it was not a special view - just a fence. The bathroom is very tiny and was spotlessly clean. There is no access to a common lounge area as in other B&Bs. What you are paying for and getting is this room and a nondescript sitting area outside where the bicycles are stacked. A kettle and small refrigerator are provided. We had to unplug the fridge in the middle of our first night as it made such a loud noise when the motor came on and off that it woke us up repeatedly. Breakfast is provided over at the Island Cafe which was pleasant enough on a warm summer day. I am not sure that I would want to sit on a chilly verandah on a cold, rainy day. We brought our own bicycles and spent our days exploring, swimming at the beach, canoeing and doing watercolours. The weather was balmy which made for a pleasant experience. We had lunch and dinner at the wonderful Rectory Cafe which has great food and really nice staff. I have stayed at many B&Bs that were so very comfortable that it was hard to be enticed to get out and see the area. This B&B is very much a functional place to leave your belongings safely, bathe and sleep. We were charged $160/night with a two night minimum. Was it worth it? Let's just say that I'm not tempted to spend the night at this B&B again although I will watch for other opportunities to spend time on Toronto's islands.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location on the island
Liked least: The room is very small.
Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
Management Response
3 Nov 2015
I am regretful that you and your twins did not have a good experience Jacqueline. Since you did not communicate with me during your stay I had no idea that you were unhappy.
Inese
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing