Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
mikemJ1295XE
Ottawa, Canada

"Care is in the details" - Very Ironic Slogan

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 24 Feb 2024
Fantastic location but rooms are very disappointing. Very funny to see "Care is in the details" as quote in the room and the ceiling in the bathroom is falling apart (picture enclosed) and the curtains don't fit over the window so it's incredibly bright in the room at night. Went to the gym and waited for 20 min because they only have 2 treadmills. Not the experience I've seen at other Le Germain hotels.
Date of stay: February 2024
Trip type: Travelled on business
1.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
4.0 of 5 bubblesService
Responded 26 Feb 2024
Dear mikemJ1295XE,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your review here on TripAdvisor. I wanted to let you know that we are planning to begin changing the window treatment in the guest room later this year which should ensure better light blocking.

I am sorry to hear about the wait for equipment in the gym. We have similar amount of equipment to our sister properties which typically is sufficient but may have short waits on occasion.

I will follow up with housekeeping and maintenance to verify and address all rooms for the condition of the bathroom ceilings. If you could contact me directly at pdeladurantaye@gmerainhotels.com to share your last name or the room number you were in, this would help to follow-up on this specific issue.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope we can welcome you back when your travels bring you back this way.

Paul de La Durantaye
2.7 km from Le Germain Hotel Toronto Maple Leaf Square
    $244
1.8 km from Le Germain Hotel Toronto Maple Leaf Square
Pool
 Entrance to our newly renovated hotel.
$196
    $233
    $171
    $232
17.1 km from Le Germain Hotel Toronto Maple Leaf Square
View more hotels in Toronto
1,614 results
All reviews union station cn tower signature suite rain shower nespresso machine rogers centre continental breakfast yogurt boutique hotel rooms are spacious valet parking great room entertainment district blue jays hockey hall of fame acc concierge
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 December 2023 via mobile

We stayed here December 22 and 23 for a quick weekend getaway and were more than happy with our experience. I have stayed here many times and the hotel delivers each and every time with a great experience. Very clean hotel with a great staff that makes sure your stay is as comfortable as possible. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Toronto area.

Date of stay: December 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
Lingeswaren Rama Moorthy, Guest Services / Front Office at Le Germain Hotel Toronto Maple Leaf Square, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2023

Hello Dave,

Thank you very much for choosing us as your weekend getaway. We are so thrilled to have been able to provide you with such a memorable stay. Our team is truly our best strength and I am so glad that our guests are able to see the level of dedication they show each of our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to spend more memorable weekends with us very soon !

Linges

Reviewed 10 December 2023

Probably one of the nicest places I’ve stayed at. Room was absolutely perfect. Comfy bed and great shower! Great staff!The location is awesome right in the downtown area next the rink and close to everything.

Date of stay: December 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Hi JoshpW6670VK,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am so thrilled to hear that you were thoroughly satisfied with your stay. Our location is definitely a top reason a lot of of guests pick us, but as you said, its the comfort and hospitality that keep our guests coming back.

We hope you welcome you back soon !

Reviewed 3 December 2023

I got the check-out time mistaken (I am autistic so I get confused easily at times; I also was not explained the proper check-out time and I do not often travel). When I went to my room following a meal at nearby elleven restaurant, I could not get inside. It was locked. I went to the front desk. The front desk was rude. I explained that I didn't know I had to check out, and they were not cordial to me even though I was extremely nice to them when I checked in and I did not understand why they soured on me. I also explained to them that I had things in my room worth far more than the $400 a night bill I was to pay them. I was not trying to not pay, I was just explaining what they were doing was stealing and also human trafficking since my room had my Passport in it and I needed my stuff to leave. How was I supposed to pay my bill if I couldn't get inside my room to get my credit card which was inside the safe? If staff were professional and at all nice, they would have reminded me while I was leaving not to be late for check out. They could have also spotted me when I went inside and told me to come to reception because they wanted to talk to me about something (remind me of my bill and check out; perhaps I was staying an additional day and they should bill it to my credit card? Why wasn't a late check-out fee automatically added to my bill and I was allowed access to my room again?). Never staying at this bad place again. I am used to getting poor service due to being autistic but I am always polite and pay in full what I am owed, I don't ask for discounts or special treatment.

Date of stay: June 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Lingeswaren Rama Moorthy, Guest Services / Front Office at Le Germain Hotel Toronto Maple Leaf Square, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2024

Hello P2071JKLkatherinek,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am so sorry to hear that we fell short of your expectations during your stay with us. I would like to speak to you further about this interaction and look deeper into the situation. If you would be comfortable with sharing more info, please do give the hotel a call and ask to speak with me. I sure hope we get to speak soon and we get to welcome you back soon for a 5/5 stay soon.

Reviewed 1 December 2023

My suite was terrible. Walls damaged, carpet made of plastic or something, furniture very etc etc. Very uncomfortable period. This hotel chain is so busy being cool and looking cool that they forgot about the comfort of their guests. Very Expensive but no luxury or comfort. Too casual for the money.

Date of stay: March 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
Paul de La Durantaye, General Manager at Le Germain Hotel Toronto Maple Leaf Square, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2023

Dear jdj431,

I am very sorry to hear that your stay was not up to your expectations. We do work hard to ensure the upkeep of our rooms and if we fell short with your suite I do apologize. I would love to get more details from you so I can follow up more specifically and invite you to contact me directly at pdeladurantaye@germainhotels.com.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Paul de La Durantaye

Reviewed 10 October 2023

Quality hotel, great location for Scotia Center . Modern room, good size and nicely laid out. Order extra towels - but they do have nice robes. Small restaurant bar area was GREAT when they stayed open post concert. Security told us they were closing in 5 minutes( at 20 to 11 ? ) When we enquired about the kitchen and food for the room the staff welcomed us in . They subsequently did a great business in the next hour as many from hotel were at the Queen concert.....security guy should be fired and staff promoted for their quick reaction to servicing guests. Overall great stay

Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Paul P
Lingeswaren Rama Moorthy, Guest Services / Front Office at Le Germain Hotel Toronto Maple Leaf Square, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2023

Hello Paul P,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square. We truly appreciate your feedback and we will be sure to communicate it to our team. I am sorry to hear about the miscommunication with our security team, but I am happy to hear that our team members were able to quickly rectify the confusion.

Our bathrobes are a huge hit with our guests and if you would like to take home one of them, please do reach out to the hotel and we would be happy to inform you of the different options to puchase one.

Thank you and hope to welcome you back soon !