The AGO, Art Gallery of Ontario

from US$29.10
from US$117.80
from US$310.20
3,873 results
All reviews henry moore ship models van gogh del toro canadian collection thomson collection great collection special exhibit gift shop beautiful building on display the lower level few hours picasso sculptures gehry mystical
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

I have been several times to AGO over the years and I keep on going back.

This gallery has had some excellent programming of great exhibitions. It also has a relatively good permanent collection. I particularly like the Henry Moore plaster proof for his famous sculpture.

The architecture of the building is interesting.

It has a great cafe which is located in a wooden greenhouse along the top of the building. It is a beautiful place

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Would highly recommend a visit to the AGO, especially on a wet day in Toronto. We spent a couple of hours in this beautiful setting and could have easily spent longer. The space contains a wide range of Art and special exhibitions included global works of Art, installations and sculptures. The exhibition room of Henry Moore and the Rodin exhibits were especially impressive. Wide range of European and Canadian Art in a nice space.

Reviewed 29 April 2018

I have an AGO membership and was fortunate enough to get a ticket to see this wonderful exhibit on one of the preview nights. There are lineups and time limits as others have mentioned but overall, I thought it ran rather smoothly (the AGO employees did a great job). There was even the option to stand in a separate lineup if you were fine going as a single (which I was).

Do I wish I had of had more time in each showcase? Yes. But because I went at the last showing of the evening, they were fine with me going back and seeing some of them for a second time. Is it hard to take pictures/videos in such a short amount of time? Yes- but frankly I wish I had of put the camera down, lived in the moment, and just enjoyed...

Because of the lineups, I felt like I rushed though her other works just to ensure that I got in line. I also wish there was more information about the works themselves. I didn’t feel like I learned a lot about the artist or her medium unfortunately. I would love the opportunity to go back again but all of the tickets are sold out.

Overall a great exhibit though! Enjoy!

Reviewed 28 April 2018

We visited the AGO to see the Yayoi Kusama's Infinty Mirror exhibition but really the gallery is worth it's own visit.
We got there about 8:30am to get rush tickets for the exhibition, which go on sale at 10am. It was totally worth the effort as it is a truly unique and amazing exhibition by a visionary artist.
We also looked around the Group of Seven galleries and others displaying Canadian artists, which were excellent too. There was a lot we didn't get to see as we had reached saturation point by then but would definitely return.

Reviewed 28 April 2018

We just saw the Infinity Mirrors exhibit. A great opportunity to see the famous Japanese artist's works. Each of the Mirror Rooms where a colourful and inventive experience. My only "gripe" was that you are limited to 20 seconds in each of the rooms. One minute in each room would have been outstanding. The exhibition is very popular so I do understand that they have to keep the traffic flowing.

1  Thank snworb