Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
maya_elizabeth
Ottawa, Canada

Historic elegance meets modern comfort

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 9 Jul 2021via mobile
I’ve stayed in many hotels in downtown Toronto yet this was my first time at the Omni. I’m adding it to my list of go-to hotels. The historic building is beautiful and well maintained. We stayed in a premier king room. It was so spacious, with high ceilings, a large bathroom and tasteful furnishings. It matched our impression from the website photos. The bed and pillows were incredibly comfortable. While the hotel doesn’t have parking on site, there was parking across the street. The staff were also friendly and helpful. We’ll definitely return for business and leisure trips. I’d also like to return to check out the spa and use the fitness facilities when they re-open.
Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
$580
    $166
17.3 km from The Omni King Edward Hotel
View more hotels in Toronto
4,608 results
All reviews historic hotel lawrence market hockey hall of fame room was large location is great eaton centre union station lobby downtown concierge doorman valet canada
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 April 2021

The staff are super friendly and accommodating to all of our needs. The hotel was clean, I felt safe with the extra precautions they are taking, and we had excellent service with respect to take out food that we ordered from the hotel restaurant. The bed and pillows were super comfortable It’s everything you can ask for during these challenging times. And it’s an awesome location with some great views to boot!

Date of stay: April 2021
4  Thank Rosie3443
Reviewed 1 July 2020

This is the oldest luxury hotel in Toronto. There are still good reasons to call it a luxury hotel: to name a few is the grand reception area and very "polished" service.

The room was comfortable enough and the bed quality excellent. It was also meticulously clean which brings to my mind the most positive service experience in the hotel: the lady who cleaned our room left us a personal and warm, handwritten, note. It felt genuine and personal which is something that I would expect the others to try to achieve as well. I do not complain about the service in any other area (in fact I did enjoy the breakfast room service in particular), but the feeling of it was rather like a polished and polite machinery rather than really attentive and warm. There are luxury hotel that achieve this - and for those I give five points.

Date of stay: August 2019
3  Thank Timo R
Reviewed 29 May 2020 via mobile

I have always made the Omni my go to hotel when staying in Toronto, and it’s always been the first hotel I recommend friends. The front desk staff has always been exceptional and super friendly to make you feel right at home, and they always were super accommodating to make for a great stay.

I’ve never had to deal with their customer service prior, but now after the horrible experience I’ve had, it makes me never want to stay there again. I stayed there and prepaid for my room at the very beginning of March, and before my stay was even done they charged me the same amount for a second time. When speaking with accounting they said it should clear within a couple days. It never did, and now it’s been three months going between Toronto and their head offices and reaching out on their website and Instagram with nothing done, except having to explain the issue 20 times. Each week I’m promised I’ll have a receipt emailed to me of the refund within 48 hours and then again I have to call the following week saying no refund has been issued. This experience and being bounced back and forth and having to hold for hours, with promises made each time and the same apologies, but then no actions done is ridiculous. This is how they handle complaints??? Especially during this time. And then to speak with friends I’ve sent there who have been double charged before as well for stays?!? This has really left such a bad taste in my mouth for how they handle their business. I’d advise anyone booking here to make sure to not leave the property with unresolved issues, because you might still have these issues 3 months later.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
5  Thank nba929292
Reviewed 12 April 2020

My mother and I were there for a couple nights, weather was cloudy, drizzle both days so a higher floor wouldn't have offered any sights. Foyer/reception area is lovely, huge, with lots of comfortable seating around and had the most beautiful Christmas tree.

We were on about the 6th floor with office & street views, lovely big room with two double beds, a lounge area with sofa and chairs, big bathroom with a tub. Housekeeping was spotless, excellent. Beds were very comfortable. Not a lot of street noise. This stop was the middle of our trip and it was such a nice, calming, luxurious space to just relax in. All staff extremely helpful :)

Small restaurants and stores dotted around, with a couple of large department stores only 2 or 3 blocks away (a 7 min walk maybe). Umbrellas supplied by hotel. We ate dinner twice at the in-house restaurant. I had the butter chicken both times, it was so delicious and tender. Most other meals were had at the mall while we were out.

Short walk to the Hockey Hall of Fame was a bonus. Great location.

Date of stay: December 2019
2  Thank Di_Thomas_NZ
Reviewed 30 March 2020 via mobile

Had a great 5 night stay at the hotel in mid March.

This was a difficult time for the staff as the city started to lock down and the hotel became quieter. Despite the challenges the front desk, concierge, and cleaners never dropped the ball - helpful and friendly throughout.

A special mention needs to be made for the staff in the Consort Bar. Unsure whether they were to be laid off or not they maintained their great service.

Hope to return again!