All reviews growing pains fair size rain shower modern hotel pool and hot tub kids loved the pool fantastic stay big box stores hockey team great pool front desk staff northern ontario would stay here again comfortable beds the breakfast area coffee maker one night stay
Reviewed 26 April 2018

WE were stuck in SUdbury as our plane was cancelled....stayed at this motel for two days...great service

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Michelle B, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Sudbury, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2018

Hi there Lynus2016,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your stay. We are happy you enjoyed your time with us even though you were "stuck" here! I am glad you got to your destination.
Hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

I have been to microtels before and had a positive experience. This time we booked a suite and the use of space in the room was disappointing. For the money we paid, the room did not feel like it was worth it. Not enough seating in the lounge area. Large awkward area near desk, really small bathroom. Nose of traffic from main road very loud. And the view from our window was garbage in the lot. Need to book hotels in this area frequently, but will try somewhere else.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Michelle B, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Sudbury, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2018

Hi there Samantha A,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your stay with us. Please accept my apologies if the suite you booked fell short of your expectations. I am not sure what other properties you have stayed at as only a handful of them have suites with separate bedrooms and most are quite similar in size. Our bathrooms are identical in every room, with the exception of tubs in certain rooms and walk in showers in others. I am dismayed to learn about the view from your room. Rest assured the situation has been dealt with. I appreciate your business and would hope to have a chance to gain your future business by working with you to find the option that would best meet your needs.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to me for your next visit. 705-470-6161

Reviewed 18 April 2018

We loved it there.. ..the pool area was fantastic...breakfast was very tasty...i didn't expect it to be so good. The staff was friendly and helpful...the rooms were very clean and beds were cozy. We enjoyed our stay.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Michelle B, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Sudbury, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Hi there L430XEvictorias,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your stay with us. We are delighted that you had a great time and that we exceeded your expectations while you were here. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 April 2018

It finally happened. I finally had an interaction with a hotel that was so terrible that I signed up for Trip Advisor to warn people. It has always been my intention to write positive reviews of some of the places we've stayed, and hopefully we'll be able to get to those, but for now I feel it's important for people to be warned of this hotel.

When using the online portal I accidentally booked the wrong dates and we were charged with a "no show" fee - fine, so be it. It was my mistake, anyways. When we showed up this was brought to our attention by the front desk assistant who can only be described as the rudest, uncaring and least hospitable person I have ever met; let alone someone who is supposed to be working in the hospitality industry and making people feel welcomed.

The foyer was a mess; the garbage was full; there were chairs upside down on the tables; and there were many other guests waiting who seemed equally displeased.

We decided to stay the evening and pay for another room but the only room they had available didn't meet our family's needs; although, it did look new and clean. After a quick 30-second viewing we decided to stay elsewhere (Homewood Suites by Hilton - where we've stayed before and enjoy). When advising the front desk assistant, she seemed overly annoyed with us, again.

When trying to address the "no show" booking fee with the GM she seemed to have her hands bound by the hotel's policies. I admit it was my mistake, but, if a hotel's policy is to not try and make people feel welcomed or that their business is appreciated, why even bother going out of our way to stay there? All we wanted was to feel like our business was wanted; especially given the amount of times we book hotels in Sudbury for passing through to visit our family.

Needless to say, especially after reading some of the other reviews, I would do everything I can to stay away from this hotel and am most likely turned off from the Microtel chain of hotels forever because of the poor level of hospitality this one offered us.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Paul S,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your stay with us. I apologize for failing to exceed your expectations on this occasion. I was surprised to hear your comments about my guest services representative. I often receive wonderful comments about the service she delivers. I will certainly speak with her to reinforce keeping to those high standards. I have reviewed the security footage and notice that our employee was in the process of cleaning the lobby after a group vacated at the time you arrived. Chairs are put on the tables to allow for a through washing of floors as there is no housekeeping in the evenings.

I am sorry that you felt my response to the no show booking made you feel under valued as a guest. A guaranteed reservation represents a contract between the guest and the hotel. We promise to hold that room until 7AM the following morning and in turn the guest agrees to pay for that room even if they do not arrive. Hotels, like airlines have no second chance to regain that revenue. We turn other guests away to keep up our end and are not in a position to waive no show charges and lose revenue.

In the future I suggest you carefully review the confirmation letter that is generated by the reservation center to ensure accuracy. I do hope that you will continue to use Wyndham Hotels in the future but certainly respect your right to choose.

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

This is a new hotel. It is very clean. They privide with free wi-fi and a complimentary breakfast. There are yogurts, toasts, scrambled eggs, turkey saussages, bagels, cereals, muffins, coffee, juice...etc

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Michelle B, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Sudbury, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Hi there Terrence S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your stay with us. We are delighted you enjoyed our hot breakfast selection. Thank you for choosing us for your accommodations and hope to see you soon.
general manager