“Very disappointing visit, I was expecting Montreal style food and service”
Review of Dunn's Famous Deli

Dunn's Famous Deli
Ranked #478 of 3,001 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 May 2018

A business colleague took me downtown for a Sunday breakfast, the restaurant we were supposed to visit had about a one hour wait and we unfortunately didn't have time to stand in line as I had a plane to catch
Dunns was our second choice as it has the Montreal name and reputation.

I have to say that this was nothing like the Dunns I visited in Montreal.
The service was poor, our waiter got a few things wrong which didn't make sense as the restaurant was half empty.

The smoked meat sandwich I got was very small and the meat was very slimy feeling.
Fries were average.

My associate had the grilled chicken club and thought the meat was very dry.

This was not a great experience, the waiter never apologised once for getting our orders wrong, nor did he come back to check on us and see if we needed anything else. Sorry Dunns I cannot say I would recommend you.

Reviewed 19 April 2018

We were in Ottawa for a week, this place was very close to our hotel. Food and service was not good. Our order was not what we asked for when we asked the waiter to correct our order he got very upset, he never brought the correct order and we still ended up paying for the incorrect order. We ended up going to another restaurant.

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

I went here with friends for breakfast and we weren't dissapointing. Fast, friendly service and great food for a reasonable price. Waiter kept our coffees full and the French toast was great.

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

Absolutely discusting service after 12 am. I would never ever recommend this place to anyone!! You are much better off at deacons if you want good service and food. The servers here don't like working they also treat customers with absolutely no respect at all. In my time in Ottawa this was the worst place I attended.

Reviewed 10 April 2018

Whilst we were in Ottawa we used Dunns as our breakfast venue and it was remarkably good value, breakfast for $5.99 with coffee top ups. The food was of a good quality service was good and staff were friendly. Ok, what's the downside since we only gave it 4? Next time you're in there, (if you're male, don't know about the ladies) check out the toilet. I thought something was peculiar when on the first day the urinal was full of ice cubes...the next 2 days no ice cubes + no water supply = not a very satisfying visit. I urge the management to address this, tidy up the conveniences and get top scores.