“Tasty Chinese food in a beautiful setting, loved it!”

King Szechuan Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #312 of 518 Restaurants in Oakville
Reviewed 3 May 2018

We had lunch on a Friday with our two teenagers who were on PA day break. It wasn’t busy and the service was prompt and satisfactory. Our host was attentive but not pushy. The interiors were beautifully decorated with Chinese landscape ink paintings and opera masks. We ordered two lunch specials, including Mu Shu pork with pancakes and fried tofu with vegetables. They came with soup, spring roll and small veggie sides. We also had two entries, sweet and sour pork and Buddha delight. The three stir-fried dishes were very fresh, crisply fried and lightly seasoned, just the way how we like our Chinese dishes - you can taste the original flavours of the fresh ingredients without heavy sauce overpowering them. I would have given 5 stars if the ribs on the menu were available. Keep up the good work and we will come back for sure!

1  Thank Joyce M

Reviewed 21 March 2018

It's a pleasant little restaurant, with a friendly staff, but my experience with their food will never bring me back.

The Spicy Squid wasn't at all spicy. It tasted more like uncooked batter than squid. The finely diced peppers and onions looked as though they came from the freezer; and, there was no sauce at all, so I didn't eat the steamed rice.

1  Thank FromPictou
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

I had lunch at King Szechuan a today. It was a real treat.

I had three typical Szechuan dishes and was not disappointed, beans, tofu and Chonqing noodles. The flavours reminded me of the food I’ve had in Chonqing. And the spiciness was a delight. I’ll be back for the Chonqing noodles and green beans.

The restaurant keeps two seperate menus, a less spicy one and another with more spicy options. Make sure to ask for the spicy option if you are after real Szechuan spiciness.

The service is real friendly and fast and the restaurant is nice a clean.

They also have takeout.

2  Thank Jay_trip69
Reviewed 2 February 2018

We were there for the first time last night for dinner. It is a very attractive little restaurant - decor was simple and very stylish. We ordered three items from an extensive menu and enjoyed it all very much. Can’t wait to go back and try more of their dishes - a very pleasant evening out! They also have take-out and delivery which we plan to try out.

2  Thank GJ777
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

It is the best. Having eaten at many Asian places world wide this I would consider a great style for North America. Even before the menu style was changed.

2  Thank Paul B