“OVERPRICED”

IHOP
Ranked #442 of 589 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours
Description: Come and choose from a great selection of delicious breakfast, lunch and dinner items at the all new IHOP Restaurant located on the lobby level at the Four Points by Sheraton Hotel, Ramada Hotel, Best Western Fallsview and Captain Jack's. Enjoy your meal as you take in the sights and sounds of Fallsview Boulevard. With so many signature favourites such as the Breakfast Sampler, the Rooty Tooty Fresh N Fruity and a great kids menu to choose from, IHOP has something for everyone.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This restaurant isn't any different than any other restaurant in the IHOP chain as far as the food, layout, or service goes, although service was extremely slow. However, the prices were just way, way, way overpriced. We could have had as good or better breakfast at some of the smaller local restaurants nearby.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,676)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had $15 off/couple with a package through our hotel, and IHOP was also attached to the hotel, so we didn't have to leave the hotel for breakfast.

The food was delicious.

Our first morning we had the worst service ever, our server didn't show up for about 15-20 minutes, then he took our order, but didn't come back for about another 10-15 minutes with our drinks. My friends ordered tea, but the teapot was only half full of water. When he finally brought our food at least it was correct and delicious. But when he finally brought our bills he disappeared for another 20 minutes before we could pay.

On the second morning the service was much better, she was attentive, filled the teapots full, made some great substitutions for us - as we did have a couple of dietary restrictions.

However the food is ridiculously expensive - $20+ for any entrée, even a small stack of pancakes & $5 for every beverage, coffee, tea, pop, juice, same price no matter what you choose. So even with the $15 off/couple, the means were still about $40-50/couple - the same as what you'd pay for a dinner out.

I would never do that again.

1 chicken and waffles, 1 pancakes $68.00
The order was to go.
Once we opened the bag we found the order of pancakes with 3 packets of ketchup. Zero syrup or butter. Not sure who would put ketchup on $25.00 cinnamon pancakes?
Chicken and waffles came with 2 tiny packets of syrup and 1 small plum sauce. Not even enough for 4 bites. Nothing like any other IHOP I've ever been to.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

After having a buffet at my hotel($$), I decided to save some money (ha!) and have an iHop breakfast...WOW! I couldn't believe the prices...nothing really under $24+ taxes + fees! Yes, that includes a stack of pancakes! I had the 55 years old+ combo @ $25.49+ taxes + fees (less expensive than the regular one...-$1): 1 pancake, 1 sausage, 2 pieces of bacon (I substituted the ham for bacon), 1 egg and hash brown along with a Diet Pepsi $4.29 + taxes + fees...it came to $36 BEFORE tip. Ironically it was MORE expensive than my hotel's buffet (which had a great selection and an omelette station). There was about an 8% tourism/improvement fee added to my bill. Yesterday, I thought it was a drag to be paying about 20% in fees and taxes on all bills but I paid it, HOWEVER, after doing some research last night about these "improvement fees" (aka NFDF, PF, etc.) I found out this tourism/improvement fee IS NOT municipal or provincial...check out the CBC's Marketplace investigation (3 times they went undercover) into restaurants and hotels charging this fee in Niagara Falls and ask to have it removed from your bill! Most places will do that but ONLY if asked.

The food was hot but nothing special...it was just okay...it's an iHop.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

If I could give this place zero stars I would. Please read my title carefully and AVOID this place at all costs. I was staying next door at the Marriott Fallsview (which is a lovely hotel). We arrived late the night before so really hadn't checked out the area or knew what our options were. I was with family visiting from the UK and they didn't want the Starbucks in the hotel lobby so we went next door to the IHOP. It is located on the 26th floor and had the exact same view of the Falls as our hotel room did (superior fallsview room which was amazing). I honestly didn't even look at the prices until we were seated for about 10 minutes. I was SHOCKED at the markup.

I am not cheap by any means but at that point I wanted to get up and walk out. First of all the service was TERRIBLE. Took waiter about 15 min just to ask us what we wanted to eat.

My mother only wanted a short stack of pancakes. The price for these in any regular IHOP is $4.79. Here they wanted 20.99 CAD or around $16 US. Are you kidding me? Oh it gets better. My sister wanted the make your own omelette. The price said 25.99 CAD. So she asks for it and had peppers/onions/mushrooms with it. When the bill came it was 25.99 for just the eggs and then they charged her 2.49 for every topping she wanted in it. WTF? I had the french toast with strawberries/bananas for 25.99 CAD and they couldn't even serve fresh strawberries for that price - it was those nasty glazed ones.

I seriously felt ill before even eating the breakfast. I felt taken advantage of and had such a bad taste in my mouth at the outrageous prices that I didn't even enjoy the rest of my trip. I looked at my room service menu when I got back to my room and even those were cheaper that what IHOP charged.

You are paying for the view at this IHOP. That is all. The food was mediocre at best - service was abysmal. Do yourself a favor and just eat elsewhere. I am uploading the pic I took of how much they charged for the pancakes compared to what it costs at any normal IHOP in the states

3  Thank Nuala G