“Awesome. Just awesome.”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Lakeland Acres

Lakeside retreat
living room area; large flat screen tv with netflix kitchen with range, dishwasher, full sized fridge/freezer
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Lakeside retreat
living room area; large flat screen tv with netflix
kitchen with range, dishwasher, full sized fridge/freezer
indoor dining area with washer/dryer in background
desk area in master bedroom
queen and single bed in second bedroom
Queen bed and single bed in second bedroom
bathroom with tub and handshower
view from livingroom to ground level deck
spacious, exclusive use deck with barbecue
sunsets
gardens galore
Evening sunset
delightful gardens
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
RamzGives...
Waterloo, Canada
“Awesome. Just awesome. ”
Reviewed 24 July 2018 for a stay in July 2018

Nice place. Neat, clean, comfy beds, good internet and tv, laundry. Just what I would hope for in a rental.

I wasn’t expecting the property to be this big. The deck was huge. Using the boats and campfires were great. And the sunsets... oh... the sunsets.

The biggest plus is the location. 20 minutes to downtown Halifax, 25 minutes to Peggy’s Cove, close to the highway, not far from groceries, gas, and yes, even a Tim Hortons.

Whether you want to get into the city, explore the province, or enjoy a lakeside retreat, this place has you covered.

If I knew what I was getting when I booked it, I would’ve extended my trip by a week or two.

2 Aug 2018
Thank you for your kind words; most appreciated. Do come back another time, you were ideal guests.
Frances S
“Delightful”
Reviewed 4 July 2018 for a stay in July 2018

This lovely place is right on the shore of Five Island Lake. You can see the water from the front deck. A short walk down some steps brings you to a sandy beach area. The house itself is well set up with everything you need for a holiday. Jean met us when we arrived and showed us around, making us feel very welcome. She gave us a map of where to find a supermarket to buy food. As well as a map,of a local walk. We have truly enjoyed the comfort of Lakeland Acres.

8 Jul 2018
You were wonderful guests to meet, very helpful in your communications and respectful of the premises. I wish you much joy in your travels. Thank you.
Journey51...
“Lovely Lake Home”
Reviewed 22 June 2018 for a stay in May 2018

Convenient location to Halifax and surrounding towns. Plenty of space & other accommodations and the owner is super sweet! We really enjoyed our stay.

22 Jun 2018
You were great guests and left the place in wonderful condition. Thank you for everything.
Cathy7744...
Kentville, Canada
“very beautiful and peaceful place to stay and enjoy.”
Reviewed 9 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

We received a warm and friendly welcome and enjoyed a quiet week in a very clean and cozy cottage .A great view and waterfront access with boats to enjoy . Located close to the Bean and Bike Cafe,walking trails ,beaches and parks. For the one rainy day we had we were only 15 minutes from Bayer's Lake ,so we browsed the many stores. I highly recommend both this cottage and flip key ,this was my first time renting over the internet ,I was very nervous.Will not hesitate the next time it was all I expected and more.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the beautiful surroundings
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
13 Aug 2015
Thank you. I enjoyed having you both as guests.
A word about how to pass rainy days is helpful too!
LynnG3806
Melbourne, Australia
“Very comfortable feel at home quiet accommodation”
Reviewed 23 August 2014 for a stay in May 2014
person found this review helpful

I stayed for 6 nights from mid May with my partner and my parents who are in their 70s. The beds were very comfortable, kitchen well equipped, and there was a nice sitting area to watch tv. Wifi service was good. it was a quiet place backing onto a lake, and my partner and I enjoyed being able to go out in one of the canoes there and enjoy the quiet and the natural views.

We were able to get in and out of Halifax downtown easily, and also to do day trips along the coast.

If I were to return to the area, I would stay here again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: Being able to canoe out onto the lake from the property
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing