The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites
US$269
US$261
US$269
  • Pool
Cambridge Suites - Halifax(Halifax)
US$272
Official Hotel
Waverley Inn(Halifax)(Great Value!)
US$186
US$290
Courtyard
  • Pool
Comfort Hotel Bayer's Lake(Halifax)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$137
US$301
US$237
Homewood
1,379 results
All reviewspublic gardensarms pubbeautiful parkspring garden roadhistoric hotelaveda toiletriesbeautiful lobbyan older hotelwithin walking distancenova scotiafront desk staffdowntown halifaxcomfortable hotelunderground parkinglocation is excellentcitadel hillvictory
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I don't usually write reviews, nor complain, but I felt after this experience your hotel should know the problems and disappointments I experienced in order to make changes for the future.
I traveled to Halifax for a debate tournament held at a school down the street. It is an annual debate tournament and I plan on attending again. The debate organizers explained there was a room rate at the Lord Nelson for $139 a night. I called and explained myself and they said they had no more rooms at that rate, but that I could stay in the European suite for $250.00 a night. At that rate, I was expecting more than I received. The room is small and the flooring is uneven, with cutouts at the bottom of the closet and bathroom door. At the top of the bathtub was a drain cover, that had been placed to hide a massive gross cut out hole in the tub. The handle of the hot water tap flew off multiple times. My sheets were pilled and the pillows were horrendous. The other person I traveled with ended up using a towel in her pillowcase because they were so uncomfortable. My door cards didn't work on the Sunday, requiring me to call down to the office and ask someone to come up and let me in, twice. The bar fridge in the room was so loud, that I had to unplug it at night to actually sleep soundly. I heard people above me, which is normal I understand, but the windows were so thin that I heard the outside night life when all I really needed was sleep. When I went to the fitness room, the window had been propped open, allowing freezing wind and rain to come in, and it was honestly so cold in there, I couldn't stay. Lastly, the hotel has a strong perfume scent in the lobby, and in most public spaces now it is scent free due to so many people having allergies, such as myself.
Overall, I was completely disappointed. I have paid far less for far more and I probably will look for other hotels next year when I attend unless you can come up with some reasons or reimbursement.

1  Thank CRWPG
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is not a boutique hotel. This is not a Hipster hotel. This is a traditional hotel with a wood rich lobby, capped doormen and marble floors. There are no dimmed lights or 70's & 80's album jackets plastered on the elevator walls. No, this is grand dame hoteling from times past, but with a major update and refresh for rooms. A 10 minute walk to anywhere in DT Halifax, and the beautiful gardens in front. Where I stay when I'm in the Fax.

Stayed: April 2018
1  Thank PDI2001
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Great hotel in downtown Halifax with friendly staff, clean rooms and relaxing environment, Will definitely be back next time I am in Halifax. Very responsive to any needs and provided a timely check in and out.

1  Thank davidS5969LD
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Very nice older hotel with modern amenities. Friendly and help staff that helped with all our requests. Look forward to staying there again on our next trip. Centrally located it is within walking distance of everything we wanted to see and do in Halifax.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Their beds are very good and in a great location. It is an old hotel that they have renovated tastefully. Rooms are still your standard size and layout with nicer updated furniture and dark laminate flooring. The breakfast is good and again nothing fancy.