“Good Location reasonable price”
other travellers have booked this property
Second Bedroom Master bedroom
Second Bedroom
Master bedroom
Kitchen
Kitchen
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Seekerkl
Manitoba Canada
“Good Location reasonable price”
Reviewed 20 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015
people found this review helpful

We spent 4 nights at Donna's place. The location is in a quiet part of St Johns.
The suite is private entrance with keyless entry. (Bonus).
Donna did come and introduce herself to us and offered if we needed anything to let her know.

The suite is clean and roomy only suggestion I would make is that mattresses may of been good quality at one time but they need to be replaced. Especially in the master bedroom it slopes to the center. My husband slept in the second bedroom so we could get a better rest. Also the suite is in the lower part of the house with big windows very nice. When I pulled back the blinds to let natural light in. There were tall weeds grownling in the window well. It only takes a few minutes to improve the view by pulling them.

Otherwise it was a pleasant stay and I would encourage anyone to stay here.

Respectfully

K&L

Mathew P
“Ok, but nothing more.”
Reviewed 15 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

The house is nicely decorated and a large living room is just to the right of the entrance. At first glance, it seemed great, but it's in the details where we were very disappointed, Firstly, we arrived at 5:30pm to a wide open door, an oven still self cleaning (and therefore quite smelly) and no greeting or welcome. Many of the glasses, mugs and utensils were chipped or cracked and quite a few of the dishes were dirty from the previous occupants. The bed in the master bedroom was so uncomfortable that my wife and I were barely able to overcome the gravitational pull towards the center of the bed. Several of the dressers in the bedrooms were also very dusty and the tap in the bathroom functioned intermittently at best. The washing machine had been broken by the previous occupant, but no compensation was offered, only the advice that a laundromat was "nearby". Also, be sure to put in the exact number of people in the party. We had made a mistake when booking (our fault) so had to shell out an extra 240$ for our 6 year old child and friend to stay. This was also the only contact we had with the "host"; requesting extra funds and receiving them. That said, location is very convenient being only 10 minutes from downtown, neighborhood is quiet and all the amenities (Dominion, liquor, drug store, gas station, airport) are very close by. All in all, ok, but nothing more.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: location
Liked least: condition of the apartment
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
15 Jul 2015
I believe this review to be nasty and unfair to my Home Away from Home. I had the previous guest move out the morning that this guest was due to arrive and had to have the unit cleaned. It was a self cleaning oven and it desperately needed to be cleaned even with time constraints. I left the fans on in the unit. I left the door open as a gesture of welcome, come on in.

In my emails I asked this guest to come see me when he arrived. HE MADE NO CONTACT WITH ME. I contacted him twice by his phone, the first time the call went to voice mail and I left a message for him to call me back.He arrived five thirty on Friday July 2, 2015 I was successful in speaking with him the second time I called it was then,I asked him to read his email and address the four people. He did not however reach out to me by calling or coming to knock on my door which guest often do as a means to introduce themselves.

I asked if there we just two people in the party as the reservations stated. I have encountered bookings many times whereby, the reservations stated two people and then five and six people show up. This is done to lower the cost of the unit as there is an extra charge for more that two people.

Both beds are new and queen size, one bed is specifically for back issues (Chiropractic) and the other a Serta Professional. I believe this couple are upset due to paying for only two people, however; having 4 people in the unit and being asked to pay the difference. Previous tenants who have stayed in this unit have told me, "I had thought of everything." This review is highly unfair and vindictive

Kindest regards,

Donna E property owner
Riverman...
Saba
“Good place.”
Reviewed 14 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015

My wife & I stayed here for total of 10 awesome Days. The 2 bedrooms apt. with living room and full kitchen, worked out great for us. The apt. is in great location, very close to the center of town (10 minutes drive) from so many sites of interest.
And Donna (the owner) could not be anymore helpful or any nicer, she helped make our visit into great vacation. It's so much better than hotel room, where you're just guest, with Donna you're family.
Thank you Donna, hope to see you next Year.
Love, Michael & Tricia.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
WJP89
Ottawa, Canada
“St. John's needs more places like this!”
Reviewed 21 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

We needed a place to stay in St. John's for five people including two couples and one child. Hotel prices in St. John's are INSANE - it's the only appropriate word I can think of that wouldn't be blocked - and anyway we wanted a self-catering place. As you may have noticed, these are few and far between in St. John's and the ones that ARE listed appear to be catering to single professionals looking to score - but not families. So I was really happy and a bit apprehensive all at the same time when I found Donna's place. After all, it seemed too good to be true. Reasonable price, reasonable location, nice-looking, good reviews....and pretty much unique in the whole city. This place is a "basement apartment", but like so many such places in Newfoundland it is essentially above-ground. All the rooms have windows and good light. The apartment is nicely appointed with modern finishes, and reasonably well fitted-out with cooking utensils, cutlery and so on. The beds are a bit soft, but they are comfortable and plenty big. WiFi is available. I should note that it is not advertised to accommodate five people, but Donna was kind enough to let our son sleep on the couch (we actually put him in one of the bedrooms on an air mattress). Donna was an attentive host, too, which we appreciated.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location was great for us
Liked least: ALL the doors are sticky and hard to close
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
People with disabilities Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Ontario
Reviewed 22 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;