“Very nice arena but lacking in restrooms”
Review of Bell MTS Place

Bell MTS Place
Ranked #20 of 208 things to do in Winnipeg
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had the great fortune of being at this arena to watch the Winnipeg Jets. I’m not much of a hockey fan but my husband certainly is and by the end of the game I had more of an appreciation for the team and its fans. Our seats were very good and provided a lot of space. The seats did not seem to be very crowded. We were in row 10 which was close to the ice but the net obscured some of the view of the center ice. The ladies restroom had huge lineups and that must be because most of the events are geared to men and they must have not paid too much attention to how many restrooms they would need for women. Other than that, it was a great experience.

All reviews
in 20 reviews
"facility"
in 18 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The atmosphere is good for Jets games but if you want good food DON’T eat here. The food is so average with above average prices. I ate at Gourmet Burger and if I wanted a hockey puck (aka their burgers) and crappy fries for a high price I would go to 7-11. If they really wanted a good burger and fries place they would let George’s Burgers in (new Henderson George’s is great, Georges has been best burger place in Wpg for 30 years)! The pizza is well like ordering from the cheapest pizza place in the city. Don’t even get me going on the sawdust pretzels! The Jet dogs are good and so is the popcorn (get bucket not box). And what major league venue doesn’t have tap??? Bell MTS place doesn’t really care about the fan experience otherwise they would have done their homework on what is good food. I’ll give them credit for adding a few new food places this year. BellMTS know they will come and once locked in the building (no re-entry) you are forced to eat their crappy food. I eat out way too much and I know what is good and this is not it. There are a lot of close by good restaurants do yourself a favor and eat before you come. Last thing, every other major arena I have been in has a king can beer person every 30-50 feet, I walked the entire main level and saw 2 king can beer people. Jets games are awesome (watching the game and the fans) as for everything else they get a failing grade.

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Great atmosphere. Close to plenty of restaurants, hotels, and transit! Staff are friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 11 April 2018

Putting it downtown was their first greedy mistake. Lets put a big event center in a spot with heavy trafgic, limited parking and eliminate some too.
I won tickets to an event, barely worth it. I'm not a big person in height or width but in those seat I felt like I was 6' and 300lbs. No leg room, thin arm rests, cup holder on the seat in front of you on the floor. Escalators are up only, stairs and a few elevators to get back down which is fine if you have no physical issues.
No matter the event, it makes driving through or parking downtown un-bearable. More so when things start around rush hour. The parking lots all jack up the price in the area to $10 or more. If you plan to go to any store or movie on the event day good luck.
They had a perfectly fine spot WITH parking at Polo Park. Could have even built a bigger facility. Traffic before and after was not great but at least you moved.
Heck, the concrete benches in the old arena were better if you brought a car seat cushon.

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 April 2018

We were having a girls night out and went to enjoy the Shinedown Concert on APR2/18 at Bell MTS Centre. This is an excellent venue for both hockey and concerts.

For this particular show, the stage setup was about 2/3 of the hockey rink were seats and the stage took up the last 1/3 of it. Every seat was great. We sat in the Budweiser section of the arena and were pleasantly surprised that we had access to a private bar and private washrooms. It was nice that you didn't have to go into the main concourse to visit either one.

The security personnel that work here are very helpful and watchful. We noticed a couple of times they came up the stairs to "sort out an individual". One must behave when at an event as this causes disruptions to other patrons who paid their hard earned money to enjoy an event.

We parked in Portage Place and walked through the indoor corridors. This was very nice to be able to leave jackets in the car and not lug them around. However, in the arena they had the air conditioning so cold that we could have used our jacket through most of the show. Only the last hour or so it finely started feeling a bit more comfortable.

The show that we attended consisted of a 4-band show. The staff were really good with braking down and setting up the stage for the next band to go on. Maybe 15-20 minute intermission while this was being done.

Some of the 1st bands that were on, were very difficult to make out the vocals to the songs as it was running together in the speakers so maybe the mixing fellow was having trouble at the board. When Shinedown came on, the sound was perfect. You could hear all vocals - both speaking and singing. Mind you they were using different sound /mixing boards than the other bands were. Could have been higher quality as they were very much larger and more interesting looking.

Bell MTS Centre is a wonderful venue, quite easy to get to, park around, and have helpful staff. We didn't purchase anything to drink or eat this evening so I couldn't tell you if anything was ridiculously pricy or not.