“A must-visit restaurant par excellence: Joe Fortes!”

Joe Fortes Seafood & Chop House
Reserve with OpenTable
Joe Fortes Seafood & Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #63 of 4,118 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: US$19 - US$38
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Robson Street
Cross street: Robson
Description: In keeping with the reputation of the man whose name we adopted, Joe Fortes Seafood & Chop House has achieved legendary status in Vancouver. For 30 years, Joe Fortes has consistently earned and maintained its reputation as an award-winning Vancouver restaurant. Guests from the world over have come to expect a dynamic culinary experience in this San Francisco styled seafood grill that always delivers more - more hospitality, more variety and more buzz. This iconic Vancouver restaurant is conveniently located just off of bustling Robson Street. Joe Fortes is where locals and visitors alike come to enjoy the food in town, complemented by an award-winning wine list that boasts over 300 wines, and a uniquely personal level of service and hospitality. Quality, service and reputation - that's the stuff that we are made of. And that's what you can look forward to experiencing on each and every visit to Joe Fortes Seafood & Chop House. We look forward to serving you.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I’ve never seen so many reviews on one restaurant—
and I do believe that this fact alone belies its excellence.
It was a short walk from the Marriott Pinnacle and when
we entered it seemed a tad smoky—must be from all those steaks, chops and lobster tails on the grill.
Nonetheless, this didn’t bother us.

The food was wonderful—excellent salad to start with
fresh baked bread and my filet was awesome and cooked to medium perfection with good sides.
Our waiter was attentive and friendly.

Great friendly atmosphere and it was a happy experience
altogether. If you are visiting downtown Vancouver for the
first time—Visit Joe Fortes first—it’s a must-visit kind of
place that many claim is Vancouver’s #1 spot. I do
agree and look forward to going back!

Write a ReviewReviews (4,056)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

If you want excellent food & wonderful atmosphere this is the place to come, better to reserve as it is very busy & happy hour is excellent value.

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

My wife and I read all the positive reviews and we were not disappointed. We split a Caesar salad and it was more than enough...fresh and very flavorful. My wife had the special halibut and it was one of the best tasting fish dishes she’s ever had. I had the tri fish special which was very good. Portions quite substantial and served with fresh vegetables. Wine list excellent and not too expensive. Loved the piano player. A must visit on a Vancouver trip. Loved it!

Reviewed 18 September 2018

Enjoyed an amazing dinner at this venue during our recent visit to Vancouver with friends. Great menu and good service but a very busy place. Bookings are essential.

Reviewed 18 September 2018

When I lived in Vancouver, I visited Joe Fortes at least once a month - for lunch, for drinks, after a day of shopping or for a nice dinner. The seafood is amazing, and the atmosphere is fun for friends or large groups. But it's not ideal for a quiet evening for couples. The place is hopping. I still go by whenever I'm in town to see family and friends. Just make sure you have a reservation, unless you're just going for drinks.