“Dirty ice”

Joe Fortes Seafood & Chop House
Reserve with OpenTable
Joe Fortes Seafood & Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #59 of 4,038 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: US$19 - US$38
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Robson Street
Cross street: Robson
Description: In keeping with the reputation of the man whose name we adopted, Joe Fortes Seafood & Chop House has achieved legendary status in Vancouver. For 30 years, Joe Fortes has consistently earned and maintained its reputation as an award-winning Vancouver restaurant. Guests from the world over have come to expect a dynamic culinary experience in this San Francisco styled seafood grill that always delivers more - more hospitality, more variety and more buzz. This iconic Vancouver restaurant is conveniently located just off of bustling Robson Street. Joe Fortes is where locals and visitors alike come to enjoy the food in town, complemented by an award-winning wine list that boasts over 300 wines, and a uniquely personal level of service and hospitality. Quality, service and reputation - that's the stuff that we are made of. And that's what you can look forward to experiencing on each and every visit to Joe Fortes Seafood & Chop House. We look forward to serving you.
Reviewed 3 May 2018

My husband and I had the assumption this was a very classy downtown restaurant. Not so.....in plain view of customers they had wine bottles, liquor bottles etc, stashed in the two ice containers which they were using to make cocktails and pour your supposedly nice fresh clean glass of water. I observed the bar tender making a cocktail, he dropped the measure into the "clean" ice and with his hands just scooped it up and continued. This hygiene has to stop, it is unacceptable. Clean up your act or you will be shut down.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,898)

Reviewed 2 May 2018

I can't remember the first time I went to Joe's, it was back in the 90s. 20 something years later it just keeps producing a great room with great drinks and solid food. Whether it is lunch or dinner it is always good. You want value, try and finish the chicken and waffles for lunch like I did today. SO GOOD!

Reviewed 2 May 2018

My co-workers and I are in Vancouver for a software conference. Got in mid afternoon to the hotel and we decided to wander the streets. I happened to see there was a rooftop restaurant - Joe Fortes - and we decided it would be the perfect place on a sunny day. We were told the only place to sit would be at the bar and that worked out perfectly - thanks to Corine an all around awesome bartender (Michael although he didn't take care of us was very friendly as well). My co-worker and I decided to go with a couple of appetizers and drinks. The Calamari was the best I ever had - the accompanying sauce was perfect while the Jumbo Prawn Cocktail had the largest shrimp I have ever seen. The amount of flowers up on the rooftop gave it a decidedly nice feel along with just being set-up nicely. The only drawback was that we were a tad early for Happy Hour so had to pay full price for the appetizers. The bill came to a total of $116.75 for the 2 appetizers, 4 beers and 3 mixed drinks - kinda steep so you need to make sure you expect a larger bill when you stop here - but that can be expected with a fine dining establishment.

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Pros:
I loved the food here. It was delicious and fresh. The restaurant has a neat vibe and nice design. Live piano was a nice touch. Water was always filled. Plates were always cleared. Service was quick.

Cons:
I know seafood can be pricy it was slighty overpriced. Our waiter was condescending and made us feel awkward about asking for things. We made reservations weeks in advance and the day of, they told us because it was during happy hour it was first come, first serve and they couldn’t hold our reservation. Then, they accidentally tossed my leftovers. However, they remedied this by giving me a 1/2 order to go.

All-in-all, I would go again but it will be for special occasions only.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Had delicious scallop and shrimp dinner with friends. Sea scallops were fresh and seared to perfection in a nice lemon and garlic sauce. Tomato and beet salad also delicious. Very hard to choose among so many menu choices, but can also combine add ons and sides to make your own plate of favorites.