“Mixed Feelings”

Joe Fortes Seafood & Chop House
Reserve with OpenTable
Joe Fortes Seafood & Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #58 of 4,065 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: US$19 - US$38
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Robson Street
Cross street: Robson
Description: In keeping with the reputation of the man whose name we adopted, Joe Fortes Seafood & Chop House has achieved legendary status in Vancouver. For 30 years, Joe Fortes has consistently earned and maintained its reputation as an award-winning Vancouver restaurant. Guests from the world over have come to expect a dynamic culinary experience in this San Francisco styled seafood grill that always delivers more - more hospitality, more variety and more buzz. This iconic Vancouver restaurant is conveniently located just off of bustling Robson Street. Joe Fortes is where locals and visitors alike come to enjoy the food in town, complemented by an award-winning wine list that boasts over 300 wines, and a uniquely personal level of service and hospitality. Quality, service and reputation - that's the stuff that we are made of. And that's what you can look forward to experiencing on each and every visit to Joe Fortes Seafood & Chop House. We look forward to serving you.
Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Pros:
I loved the food here. It was delicious and fresh. The restaurant has a neat vibe and nice design. Live piano was a nice touch. Water was always filled. Plates were always cleared. Service was quick.

Cons:
I know seafood can be pricy it was slighty overpriced. Our waiter was condescending and made us feel awkward about asking for things. We made reservations weeks in advance and the day of, they told us because it was during happy hour it was first come, first serve and they couldn’t hold our reservation. Then, they accidentally tossed my leftovers. However, they remedied this by giving me a 1/2 order to go.

All-in-all, I would go again but it will be for special occasions only.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,955)

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Had delicious scallop and shrimp dinner with friends. Sea scallops were fresh and seared to perfection in a nice lemon and garlic sauce. Tomato and beet salad also delicious. Very hard to choose among so many menu choices, but can also combine add ons and sides to make your own plate of favorites.

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had lunch here and it was wonderful - he had the salmon and I had the fish duo and both were cooked to perfection along with the vegetables that accompanied them. I am happy to recommend them!

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

Absolutely fabulous if you like seafood!
Local BC Pink Moon Oysters, (had to have two servings) Steamed Clams and local Wild Sockeye Salmon served medium rare beautiful!

Reviewed 27 April 2018

After a brief bit of research to acclimate ourselves to the BCRC carcass grading system, my wife and I decided to give Joe Fortes a try- as a combination of a short walk and AAA beef sounded like a formula for a wonderful evening.

I could go on and about about how the oysters were delicious, the steaks were perfectly cooked and impeccably flavored, and the wine list was comprehensive and elegant. However, what most impressed me about my experience at Joe Fortes was the service staff.

Even though it was an "off-night" and tourist season hadn't quite picked up yet, the restaurant was extremely crowded at dinner time. Despite this, our server's timing, knowledge, and attention was as close to perfect as you can get. She provided excellent suggestions and seemed fully committed to ensuring we enjoyed our meal.

We will be repeat visitors, for certain!